What's new

DefTech BP2000 Connection Question--Help a Newbie Out (1 Viewer)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Here's my setup:

Mains: DefTech BP2000

Center: DefTech CLR2002

Surround: DefTech BP2X

Receiver: Low-end Pioneer 557 (will be replaced very soon by the H/K AVR-520).

I know there is a lot of debate about setting the mains to "small" or "large." I don't have an external sub and really don't think I need one--the BP2000's are more than enough when set to "large".

My question is about the connection to my receiver. Any recommendations on whether to just connect the speakers normally or use the sub out? I'm trying to get everything set up right and I'm probably not even using the right terminology. These speakers are great, but I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I would use the speaker connections, and set the receiver to no sub, L&R to large to handle the bass. This will give you the true L&R full range signals to those speakers , the LFE will be split between the two.

Harold_C

Stunt Coordinator
I would use the speaker connections, and set the receiver to no sub, L&R to large to handle the bass. This will give you the true L&R full range signals to those speakers , the LFE will be split between the two.
That would be the most straightforward way to hook up the DefTechs or any other speaker with its own built in powered sub.

There are probably some other approaches that would also work, but that one would be simple and effective. The DefTechs are basically working as a self-contained sub-sat system.

The way Avia records their subwoofer calibration tones, you could use that disc to calibrate the level of the subwoofer to the same as the midbass/tweets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks