What's new

CSI-Miami 11/4/02--mistakes? (1 Viewer)

MarcS

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone tape this show to check on some dialogue?

I swear I heard Horatio say that mosquitoes are attracted to the "carbon monoxide" that we exhale--I don't believe he said carbon DIOXIDE...but monoxide...

Almost all of them look ill at ease when doing lab work, and near the end of the show, Kim Delaney was swabbing a knife blade with a q-tip looking for blood, then took a dropper out of a bottle and actually touched the end of the q-tip with the dropper, which would contaminate it and then the liquid in the bottle--unless they use the bottle only once then throw it out?

Oh well, artistic license I guess.

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I noticed the carbon monoxide/dioxide mistake as well! I couldn't believe they let that slip by.

Eric

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Almost all of them look ill at ease when doing lab work, and near the end of the show, Kim Delaney was swabbing a knife blade with a q-tip looking for blood, then took a dropper out of a bottle and actually touched the end of the q-tip with the dropper, which would contaminate it and then the liquid in the bottle--unless they use the bottle only once then throw it out?
Oh man, I thought I was the only one that saw this. That is one of the first things you learn just taking high school chem lab, cross contamination and to avoid it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was very sloppy. I winced when I saw the "stubbing" of the eyedrop tip on the swab head.

Maybe Kane does exhale carbon monoxide, it would explain some of his rants and tough guy speeches, I think.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Valid points all, but the one thing that bothers me the most is that no one seems to wear a mask, much less a face shield or respirator on this show.
I have cut up my fair share of dead creatures, some of them approaching the "ripe" stage, and I have no great desire to inhale pathogens or get them in my eyes from blood splash.
But if they wore masks all the time, I guess we wouldn't see how cute they all are.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
In the original CSI there was an episide with a ring of counterfeiters. When the CSI team broke up the ring, the print plates that were found had a positive image of a $100 bill. So when you printed money with these plates, the writing on the counterfeit bills would be backwards. Those would be pretty hard to pass.

P.S. I can't believe the show is only in its third year and I have to call it "original". CSI-TOS??

Ralph

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
the print plates that were found had a positive image of a $100 bill.
I remember that episode, but I don't remember the exact details. But if the counterfeiters were using an offset press, the plates would indeed be positive images (positive plate transfers reverse ink image to rubber rollers, rubber rollers print positive image to paper).

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
So out of the two, which one do you guys like the best, Miami or the original?
You would think as good as these shows are supposed to be, those details would not slip bye?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ralph, I seem to remember that the episode was one where
the plates were inteded to be bait for an IA investigation
So they may have been faulty on purpose. Of course, I'd just put it down to creative license to make the bill more recognizeable.

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
Kim Delaney was swabbing a knife blade with a q-tip looking for blood, then took a dropper out of a bottle and actually touched the end of the q-tip with the dropper
Perhaps that was intended. Remember the dude earlier sneezed all over the place and then finally admitted his mistake.

This might have been a subtle way to show that Delany's character is not infallible.

Brian G.

David.N

Agent
On the 11-4 program which is listed at the top, i also noticed some errors. I am an audiologist, and the show kept referring to a ruptured eardrum, while scuba diving, causing damage to the inner ear. This is false... when the eardrum perforates water will fill the middle ear. The inner ear is already filled with fluid and therefore is equalized, any water pressure cannot burst the cochlea or cause "inner ear damage"

Dave

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Of course, I'd just put it down to creative license to make the bill more recognizeable.
That's my guess too. I just thought it was funny because the show deals with a profession that is all about attention to detail. I believe that this is why the thread started. :D

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
P.S. I can't believe the show is only in its third year and I have to call it "original". CSI-TOS??
Actually, I think CSI is only in it's second season...

And CSI:Miami has LONG since been purged from my TiVo Season Passes...

But, CSI is still there in the #5 spot...

Jodee

Screenwriter
This is season #3 for CSI. I only started watching the show last year, in its second season.

I am now catching up on season 1 repeats on TNN (Monday nights at 11:08 pm.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks