What's new

Criterion Breakaway Group? (1 Viewer)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
What was the name of that new company that was going to start releasing DVDs? They were made up of people (I think) from Criterion. They have a website I just don't remember the URL.

-Ian

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow. A Criterion breakaway group? I look forward to seeing what sort of stuff THEY bring to bear on the market!

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know any more about Plexifilm, in terms of their goals for DVD releases? (i.e. more content, better picture quality, etc.). I guess it's always good to see more competition (and options) in the DVD market!

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
According to the Plexifilm site, their initial catalog will be announced the week of December 15. Since the 15th is a Saturday, I guess we will see the list next Monday. Looking forward to it.

KrisM

Second Unit
If you look at the web-site it says the titles will be announced on tuesday the 18th.

KrisM

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
Oh great, the day I'm in the air flying to the west coast.
Man, between snapper cases and the timing of the announcement, this hobby's gonna kill me ;)
Seriously though, I cannot help but view this as a good thing for fans of the genres of film likely to be released by this collection of former Criterion employees :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Or 70s and 80s films. I can think of a number of Canadian films that need a DVD releas, and probably will have a hard time finding their way out without a label like this.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Is it too early to start pestering them to release The Ninth Configuration on dvd? :)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It already has a R2 special edition in the UK, with Blatty commentary, a documentary and eight deleted scenes.

It's only mono and is non-anamorphic 2.35:1, but it's still worth it.

Perhaps Plexifilm can improve on the technical aspects of the disc, while keeping the supplements? One can dream...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks