What's new

Coming from Paramount: My Name is Nobody and Nobody is the Greatest Special Edtions (1 Viewer)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
source: areadvd.de

Coming in August in Germany from Paramount

My Name is Nobody

Video: 2.35:1 anamorphic
Audio: German, English
Extras:
- Exclusive 75 minute Documentary "Nobody is perfect: Leones grave singing on the Western of the old generation"
- Exclusive 75 minute Documentary "Nobody Dusted: The Film before and after the Restoration"
including a chronik of the HomeCinema and detailed Comparison between the HD 24fps 1080p Master with 8mm, VHS and LaserDisc versions
- Wanted: Nobody. For the first time a presentation of Collectibles of the Movie with Ennio Morricone's Soundtrack playing in the background
- Nobody in the News: rare Pressbooks (in German and English)
- Nobody in 8mm: 20 minute promotional Reel from 1976 and a 7 minute clip of the German release on 8mm (presented in best possible quality taken from a special created 8mm telecine)
- Theatrical Trailer
- Eastwood & Leone DVD Promotional Trailer

Nobody is the Greatest

Video: 2.35:1 anamorphic
Audio: German, English
Extras:
- Nobody Does it better: Q & A with Terence Hill?- Dusted: "Nobody is the Greatest" The Film before and after the Restoration?- "Nobody is the Greatest" - rare collectibles of the movie, Photos, Pressmaterial and more
- 8 mm Version of the Movie?- Eastwood & Leone DVD Promotional Trailer

Both films will be available in 2 Disc set individual or in a 4 Disc DVD box.

i translated the german press release and i hope it's accurate ;)
i guess the set will also be available in the rest of europe too. anyway, this sounds like a kick arse release :D this also means no region 1 release of this set since image entertainment holds the rights there. they just re-released a remastered edition but it doesn't have quite as much extras for my name is nobody as the paramount release will have.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Updated facts:

- Both movies and all bonus materials will feature German and English subtitles
- Both movies will be restored and uncut
- Master: High Definition 24psf 1080
- Available as 2-DVD-sets or one 4-DVD-set

My Name is Nobody
Disc 1
- Mastered in High Definition 24psf 1080 from a 35mm triacetate Technicolor duplicate negative, transferred at Technicolor in Rome on a Philips Spirit Datacine (HD-D5, 237 Mbps, 4:2:2, 10bit; 1920x1080)
- 2.35:1 anamorphic
- Uncut version: 111'18" (25f/s PAL)
- German credits
- German and English audio tracks in DD 1.0 (no 5.1 upmix)
- German and English subtitles
- Highest possible bitrate on a DVD-9 (the UK disc is only a DVD-5)

Disc 2 (180 minutes)
- Exclusive 75 minute documentary "Nobody is perfect" with an exclusive interview with Terence Hill
- Exclusive 35 minute documentary "Nobody - Dusted" about the restoration with comparisons of the High-Def-Master and 8mm, VHS, 1"C TV master, and D1 LaserDisc master
- "Wanted - Nobody": rare collector's items with posters, lobby cards, photos, film/video/audio releases etc.
- "Nobody in the news": rare press books
- "Nobody in 8mm": 20 minute promo-reel from 1976 and an 7 minute excerpt from the German 8mm version (presented in best possible quality taken from a special created 8mm telecine)
- Trailer
- Eastwood & Leone promo-trailer

The Genius"
Disc 1
- New transfer from the best available sources, made on a Spirit Datacine
- 2.35:1 anamorphic
- Uncut version: 118'14" (25f/s PAL)
- German and English audio tracks in DD 1.0 (no 5.1 upmix)
- German and English subtitles

Disc 2 (60 minutes)
- Exclusive 30 minute documentary "Nobody Is Half As Good As You" with an exclusive Interview with Terence Hill
- Interview with Terence Hill about his career and Bud Spencer
- Wanted - Nobody": rare collector's items with posters, lobby cards, photos, film/video/audio releases etc.
- "Nobody in the news": rare press books
- "Nobody in 8mm": 7 minute excerpt from the German 8mm version
- Eastwood & Leone promo-trailer

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Why won't there be out in R1? Also, will the UK version have all the same extras? I would rather get that one, so as not to have German credits, for one.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
Image Entertainment just released the RC1 of "My Name is Nobody". The same for the UK. Nouveaux Pictures released a DVD of "My Name is Nobody" there. This DVD features an eleven minute interview with Terence Hill. These are excerpts from the interview, that will be on the German sets in full length.

Jerome

Second Unit
paramount has only the dvd rights for Germany. So the special features are exclusive to Germany, like the 16/9 masters.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WOW!!!

Is there cover art available yet?

I'm so excited about this, and am VERY happy that PAL speed-up will not be an issue here!

Glad I njever got around to picking up the recently issued Image release...

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Excellent post on the Sergio Leone Web Board from Torsten Kaiser of TLEFilms, which I'll reproduce here:

It is very good to know that many are still interested in a quality release of the "Nobody" and the "Dollar" films on DVD.

We, TLEFilms, have worked throughout this year on these films, in 24psf 1080 High Definition, to make them look the best, and the way they were intended to be seen. For the Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH releases (to be issued Aug 15 in the territories of Germany, Switzerland and Austria, and available at www.amazon.de) TLEFilms produced extensive Extras (some 180 Minutes for MY NAME IS NOBODY - 60 Minutes for THE GENIUS aka NOBODY'S THE GREATEST; both will be issued on 2-Disc sets) for the films and supervised the mastering and the quality control. The "Dollar" films will be issued later, in October; in a similar fashion; the Nobody DVDs will also be issued in a special 4 Disc Boxed set. All disc contain the original English version and English subtitles on the extras. Here, for more information, ist the TLEFilms press release.

TLEFilms, Europe
PRESS RELEASE

SERGIO LEONE'S "MY NAME IS NOBODY" mastered for the first time from the pristine 35mm internegative minted off the camera negative and also for the first time in HD, available along with "NOBODY IS THE GREATEST AKA THE GENIUS", also mastered for the first time from the best still existing negative elements with 240 Minutes of exclusive Extras from August 15, 2005 from Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH

Berlin, Germany June 5, 2005. Coming August 15, 2005, Paramount Home Entertainment Germany GmbH will present in Germany, Austria and Switzerland the release
of MY NAME IS NOBODY & NOBODY IS THE GREATEST (aka THE GENIUS or A GENIUS, TWO PARTNERS AND A DUPE) - a project undertaken together with TLEFilms that - for the first time ever - will make use of the best available 35mm elements that were transferred on a Spirit Datacine in High Definition (HD-D5 @237 Mbps, 10bit, 4:2:2 with a compression rate of just 4.4 :1).

The release, issued as individual 2-Disc sets features several, exclusive documentaries on legendary Italian director Sergio Leone, the actors Henry Fonda and Terence Hill as well as the making of the films, plus a detailed look at the differences between the old presentations and the new master with comparisons. The release will contain both English and German tracks on the films and German and English optional subtitles, including on the extras.

You can find more information at www.TLE-Films.com under the sections Projects, DVD Productions, and Documentaries. Here you will also find screenshots (note: these are copyrighted under international law. (c) Paramount Home Entertainment, Germany GmbH. Caption is MANDATORY. Thank you.

The Details :

One of the highlights of the productions so far in 2005 was clearly the work on Sergio Leone's "MY NAME IS NOBODY".Originally made in 1972 (released in 1973) the film was mostly broadcast and issued on Home Video formats in a dismal state (the only exception perhaps being the 1996 U.S. Laserdisc).

At the end of 2004, Paramount Home Entertainment (Germany) GmbH initially asked TLEFilms for help locating extras material; and it was quickly decided that new, exclusive extras would have to be made. But when Paramount opted for the best possible elements for transfer in High Definition (the transfer was made at Technicolor in Rome, Italy) TLEFilms was also entrusted to provide the highest standards for the mastering process in order to achieve the best result on DVD - including quality control of the various video and audio elements and supervision of all mastering and encoding & authoring processes, including restorations.

The new, TLEFilms approved master on DVD is by far the best ever. It outshines all its "rivals" on the market - also with regard to content.

Here are the details of the 2-Disc Set: (note: all segments, including the documentaries, are provided with English subtitles, the film itself contains the English as well as the German language tracks)

DISC 1:
# Exclusive, first-time-ever transfer in High Definition 24psf 1080 from a pristine 35mm Technicolor® Negative, duplicated directly off the original camera negative
# Completely restored version (112 Minutes @ 25f/s PAL) including complete end credits and missing sequences
# Meticulously restored German language track and, for the first time, the complete English track
# Highest possible bitrate encoding with maximum use of the possible capacity on a DVD-9 (Dual Layered Disc)

DISC 2:
180 Minutes Of Extras, including

2 exclusive, new documentaries:
# "Nobody Is Perfect" (75 Minutes)
# "Nobody: Dusted" (35 Minutes)
plus:
# "Wanted: Nobody" Extensive Gallery with collectables such as Posters, Lobbycards & more from around the world - presented with the music of Ennio Morricone
# "Nobody In The News" - extensive stills gallery with the entire press books from Germany and the United States (1974)
# "Nobody On 8mm" rare 8mm Promo reel and excerpt from an 8mm German version
# Theatrical Trailer
# "Dollar" DVD Promotional Trailer

"MY NAME IS NOBODY" will be available in stores everywhere in Germany, Austria & Switzerland and online retailers such as www.amazon.de from August 15, 2005.

Together with Leone's "MY NAME IS NOBODY", TLEFilms also produced the extras and supervised the mastering of audio and video elements (the transfer was
made at Technicolor in Rome, Italy), including extensive restaurations, for "NOBODY IST DER GRÖSSTE" (known in the U.K. and Australia as "THE GENIUS").
Further color corrections to the final master were made by Paramount Home Entertainment.

The film, made in 1975 by Leone, was handicapped greatly by the mysterious theft of the original camera negative elements that resulted in the
remaining elements being reformatted, re-cut and hastily presented in front of an unforgiving audience at the time.

Because of the missing original elements, the alternative film sequences used are of fine over mediocre to very poor state, leaving us with a great challenge to balance the very uneven sequences with regard to color definition and depth.

As with "MY NAME IS NOBODY", Paramount Home Entertainment (Germany) GmbH asked TLEFilms also to produce extras material.

Here are the details of the 2-Disc Set:
(note: all segments, including the documentaries, are provided with English subtitles, the film itself contains the English as well as the German language tracks)

DISC 1:
# New digital transfer from the best surviving 35mm film elements
# Completely restored version (119 Minutes @ 25f/s PAL) including complete end credits and several missing sequences
# Meticulously restored German language track with added footage previously
cut and the completely restored English track
# Highest possible bitrate encoding with maximum use of the possible capacity on a DVD-9 (Dual Layered Disc)

DISC 2:
60 Minutes Of Extras, including

exclusive, new documentary:
# "Nobody Does It Half As Good As You" (30 Minutes)
plus:
# "Wanted: Nobody Ist Der Grösste" Extensive Gallery with collectables such as Posters, Lobbycards & more from around the world - presented with the music of Ennio Morricone
# "Nobody In The News" - extensive stills gallery with the entire press book from Germany (1975)
# "Nobody On 8mm" rare 8mm excerpt from the German version
# "Dollar" DVD Promotional Trailer

"NOBODY IST DER GRÖSSTE" (The Genius) will be available in stores everywhere in Germany, Austria & Switzerland and online retailers such as www.amazon.de from August 15, 2005.

Torsten Kaiser
Senior Producer
TLEFilms
www.tle-films.com
TLE. Making Quality - A Sure Thing™

The extra segments are narrated in German, but optional English subtitles are available. Also, the interview with Terence Hill was conducted in English, and is available with optional English or German subtitles. We intentionally did not overvoice the interview.

Some may have noticed that TLEFilms are also producing German R2 versions of A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More and about these Torsten has added:

Re: Dollar Films: I cannot tell you everything right now, but what I can tell you, is that we will have an edition that features the extras issued also by MGM in the UK (total of 360 minutes); but, as opposed to that release, we will have extensively, newly restored mono soundtracks, that are NOT featured on the MGM issue. We also are working on an extensive restoration of the picture, and will have additional scenes; and we will also make use of the most of the DVD-9 capacity. More later.

Worth keeping an eye on that thread here.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Marco; give 'em a break. It is, after all, released in Germany. Apart from that they're bending over backwards to appeal to the English speaking market aren't they?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:)

It's not directed toward the studio... I'm very excited about the release. It was just a selfish, semi-tongue-in-cheek response. Yes it's a German release, but English language text would have really made this the perfect package though; For ME.

Michael DenBoer

Auditioning
Wow these sound phenomenal. This is a definite upgrade for me even though I already own these two titles via the Nouveaux Pictures UK DVD's.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

Marco, are you saying you don't mind PAL speed-up because the quality and extras of these releases sounds good? Because these movies will be speeded up on DVD, just like every other PAL release of a film originally shot 24 frames/second.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Unlikely Paul,

Image recently released the first Nobody film to DVD and the transfer and print sourced were horrible. I don't know if the studios have access to the proper elements over here or if there are legal issues blocking them but I wouldn't bet that we'll ever see anything that will top this set on standard def DVD in this country.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

i'd say go for this dvd because it will be the best release of this film so far. if it's gonna released in any other country is unknown and if paramount germany doesn't want the masters give to anyone then you have to get this dvd.

i personally would prefer the original film speed but why i also want the best possible quality and that i get from the german release. therefore i can life with the pal speedup, if it's even applied on it ;) and yes you can do a 24fps in pal running at 25fps without the speedup. you just need to know how to do it, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks