What's new

Cablevision, Oakland, NJ Rebuild area finally goes Digital!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Today, The Cable got knocked out during todays Thunderstorm wich was no surprise. However, what WAS a surprise, is that when it came back on, ALOT of the lineup changed. For instance, TWC was on Channel 10 instead of channel 63.

Cartoon Network from 47 instead of 32. But the biggest difference? We now have Gameshow Network! Only strange thing is, it's scrambled, like it was HBO or something. Same thing goes for Cartoon Network wich we always got as

basic cable before.

We left it like that at 8 PM, because we had to go down the shore to work on the newly re-built house. But just in case, I set the VCR to tape Whammy! and PYL even if it was scrambled, hoping they might have fixed it by then. Anyone in this viewing area have an update for me? We don't have Cable or Sattelite at our newly re-built shore house to check it.

Thanks!

Here's hoping we finally got the long promised Digital Service!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Same thing happened to me in Bergen County, However when I awoke, the stations were back in their normal order.
It may have been a test. No matter since I'll be getting Direct TV soon which is cheaper and better than cable.:)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Aww Damn. And I really wanted the Gameshow network, even if it was scrambled. Here's hoping it's getting turned on in some areas, and the storm just mucked up their connection somehow.
I was hoping we finally got the switch to the 5 year promised Digital Cable. I was laughing like an idiot when I finally saw what was added, even mistakingly :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks