What's new

Boston Acoustics AVP7 Pre-amp 250$ shipped! (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
SOLD!!!!

***UPDATE***

***Boston Acoustics now says this item is still under warranty***

Guys I have a rather weird situation here, I have a up until 1 week ago 100% perfect Boston Acoustics AVP7 pre-amp, this pre-amp is the Boston clone of the Sherwood P-965 and is one of the most highly regarded pre-amps in the past few years

Here is the problem, the unit has developed a crackling sound issue from the L and R Surround outputs, the crackling sound is minor and barely audible with the volume dial on 0db, it sounds sort of like a hissy crackle and occurs about once or twice a film

anyway, I purchased this unit brand new 1 year and 12 days ago from *******, as you guessed, I am 12 days out of warranty

what I propose is that someone could use this amp for a super high quality 2 channel setup, or etc., it is a top notch piece and is in 100% perfect working condition other than per above

Retail on this piece was 2500$ MSRP, I paid 800$ shipped from *******

if you want to attempt a repair at Boston, they told me that labor would be free, only parts, it could be something simple or it couldn't, I don't have the time to send it in and be without my system, so my loss equals whatever you want to do with it

the unit comes 100% complete with a MX500 remote even :cool:

SOLD!!!!

I would prefer paypal for this item, but I am open to other forms

Outside USA buyers are welcome and appreciated, but will have to pay more shipping

I have completed hundreds of deals here on AVS, AV123, HT Spot, Videogon and the Home Theater Forum, along with having over 2000 positive comments on ebay, if you need a reference I can surely supply including plenty of AVS members ;)

please PM or email with any questions or concerns

-Gary Murrell

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
replied to PM's guys, hopefully someone can find a good use for this fabulous unit, I can't believe I won't have it in my system anymore, someone should enjoy it that won't be affected by the slight problem

thanks a bunch

-Gary

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
***Update***

Boston now says this is under warranty :) , it is still for sale and I will hook the buyer up with a great deal, 450$ shipped, I will send the unit to Boston, they will ship it to you, same as brand new fully functional, nice and easy for only 200$ more

this is one amazing pre-amp, identical to the Outlaw 990 and Sherwood P-965 save some different features between them, at 450$ it can't be beat

thanks a bunch guys

-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks