What's new

Bloomington, IL Hastings is going out of business. OOP Criterion cheap (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
They have tons of movies (DVDs, and VHS) all at 10% off now and soon to have a bigger % off. I got some OOP Criterions there last night (The Rock, Robocop, Sid and Nancy, Charade) and Fawlty towers for cheap! Most movies in the store are $23.88 and then you get 10% or more off that. If you are in the area and feel like looking through a big bunch of strewn about out of order movies then look them up.

yhaq

Auditioning
Well, if most movies in store are $23.98, no wonder its going out of business. And 10% off that is what? Like around $21 after the discount plus tax?

I still cant understand these brick and mortar stores with these outrageous prices...I laugh at the people I see at Sam Goody's who'll pay MSRP for dvds. What a joke.

Anyway, just felt like I needed to vent against these stores that seem disconnected from reality when it comes to pricing...

Rodon

Second Unit
Definately has to be a movie you cannot find anywhere else for it to be a deal.

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
I went yesterday with my girlfriend to check it out, and I agree the DVDs have very few if any deals. I wasn't willing to waste my time looking. However, the CDs are a different story. Many were marked down to $11.88, and another 10% off of that made them $10.69 each. She left with seven, and myself with 10 only after she talked me into not buying 18. There are some good deals on books as well.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
"The Rock" (Criterion) is not OOP. I base this statement on two factors: 1. It is not listed as OOP at Criterion's website, www.criterionco.com; and 2. The ready availability of this title at many stores such as Best Buy, Borders, and Suncoast.
However, I may have once heard that the Criterion website is a bit slow, so it's possible it may have just gone OOP, and that the many, many copies still widely available now are the last we will see. So I could be wrong.

George Tong

Auditioning
I agree that The Rock is definitely NOT OOP, I've seen these at almost every Best Buy and Borders that I have walked into. On another note, is the Criterion for RoboCop really OOP? If so, please let me know. I'll order one ASAP.

Rodon

Second Unit
Sorry about that, I meant I got Criterion the Rock and other Criterions that were OOP like Robocop, Charade, and Sid and Nancy. The Rock was cheap at hastings - just passing on a good deal. Not many midstate IL residents around here though. I tried.

On Criterion's website Robocop Criterion Edition is listed as OOP.

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
I used to be a midstate IL resident. I was at the store you're talking about in September... I'm not surprised they're going out of business, it was kind of a dump. At least you got some deals out of them.

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
On another note, is the Criterion for RoboCop really OOP? If so, please let me know.
Go ahead and order one ASAP. It's definitely OOP, according to Criterion's website. I bought a new sealed copy off eBay several weeks ago for, if I remember correctly, $40 (using Buy It Now). Expect to pay $35~40 for a new sealed copy (again, using BIN). There are currently more than two dozen copies of this title available on eBay, with maybe around half of them still allegedly factory sealed/new.

...Edit: Correction: It seems they're a little higher now for some reason. The same guy that I bought one from for $40 is now selling one for $50. (You may wish to look for this guy, eBay ID is "ziadhn", he was very good for me, and has several Criterions for sale at this time.)

Drew Dockery

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! I'd be interested if ANY of the % go up, but I imagine they would do all of them at once. I drove by today and it looks like they're all still the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks