Bloomington, IL Hastings is going out of business. OOP Criterion cheap

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rodon, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

They have tons of movies (DVDs, and VHS) all at 10% off now and soon to have a bigger % off. I got some OOP Criterions there last night (The Rock, Robocop, Sid and Nancy, Charade) and Fawlty towers for cheap! Most movies in the store are $23.88 and then you get 10% or more off that. If you are in the area and feel like looking through a big bunch of strewn about out of order movies then look them up.

2. yhaq

yhaq Auditioning

Well, if most movies in store are $23.98, no wonder its going out of business. And 10% off that is what? Like around $21 after the discount plus tax?

I still cant understand these brick and mortar stores with these outrageous prices...I laugh at the people I see at Sam Goody's who'll pay MSRP for dvds. What a joke.

Anyway, just felt like I needed to vent against these stores that seem disconnected from reality when it comes to pricing...

3. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Definately has to be a movie you cannot find anywhere else for it to be a deal.

4. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

I went yesterday with my girlfriend to check it out, and I agree the DVDs have very few if any deals. I wasn't willing to waste my time looking. However, the CDs are a different story. Many were marked down to $11.88, and another 10% off of that made them $10.69 each. She left with seven, and myself with 10 only after she talked me into not buying 18. There are some good deals on books as well.

5. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

"The Rock" (Criterion) is not OOP. I base this statement on two factors: 1. It is not listed as OOP at Criterion's website, www.criterionco.com; and 2. The ready availability of this title at many stores such as Best Buy, Borders, and Suncoast.
    However, I may have once heard that the Criterion website is a bit slow, so it's possible it may have just gone OOP, and that the many, many copies still widely available now are the last we will see. So I could be wrong.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

The Rock is definitely not out of print.

7. George Tong

George Tong Auditioning

I agree that The Rock is definitely NOT OOP, I've seen these at almost every Best Buy and Borders that I have walked into. On another note, is the Criterion for RoboCop really OOP? If so, please let me know. I'll order one ASAP.

8. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Sorry about that, I meant I got Criterion the Rock and other Criterions that were OOP like Robocop, Charade, and Sid and Nancy. The Rock was cheap at hastings - just passing on a good deal. Not many midstate IL residents around here though. I tried.

On Criterion's website Robocop Criterion Edition is listed as OOP.

9. Christopher_S

Christopher_S Stunt Coordinator

I used to be a midstate IL resident. I was at the store you're talking about in September... I'm not surprised they're going out of business, it was kind of a dump. At least you got some deals out of them.

10. JJR512

JJR512 Supporting Actor

11. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Drew,

I will post if I find out the 10% off DVDs goes up.

12. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! I'd be interested if ANY of the % go up, but I imagine they would do all of them at once. I drove by today and it looks like they're all still the same.