What's new

Best video performance from a DVD player? (1 Viewer)

JamisonM

Auditioning
Hello, I'm new to the forum so I'm going to jump right in. I am looking to upgrade my current DVD player (Toshiba 5109). Additionally, I am using the Philips 55pp9701 as my display. My question is which player out there offers the best performance. DVD-A is not really an issue, I'm looking for rock solid video performance. The players I had in mind are the Denon 2800 (12 bit 54Mhz video, 24 bit 92khz audio)with silicon images DVDO pure progressive, the Denon 4800( same specs but with the Genesis chip, DVD-A, and 5 disc storage, or the Integra DSP 9.1/ Onkyo DV-939. I am a bit concerned that the Integra/ Onkyo players only use 10 bit D/A chips. This is due to the reason that it takes 8 bits to process DVD video plus an extra bit for sync with a +- 1 to 2 bit tolerance. Maybe it is irrelevant, but I thought I would put it out there and somebody more informed than myself could shed some light on this issue for me. Thanks.

PaulKH

Second Unit
Check the shootout.
Link Removed
The Denon 2800 scores well, although it doesn't have any aspect ratio control (may not be an issue for you).
I'm not familiar with your TV, but my focus is progressive DVD players.
[Edited last by Paul Higginbottom on October 24, 2001 at 09:59 PM]

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
From the looks of that shootout, the Philips is the best!Especially with the new Philips not having the upsampling chroma bug!
It also looked like the Kenwood and the Denon did well too!
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks