What's new

Berman Previews ENTERPRISE (Whoopee!) (1 Viewer)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Berman Previews Enterprise

Rick Berman, excutive producer of Enterprise, provided SCI FI Wire with a preview of things to come on the latest Star Trek series, which two weeks ago launched its second season. "I've just been working on 'The Seventh,' which just happens to be the seventh episode," Berman said in an interview. "That's coincidental. That's a show in which T'Pol [Jolene Blalock] takes Archer [Scott Bakula] and Mayweather [Anthony Montgomery] on a secret mission to capture a dangerous Vulcan, who's played by Bruce Davison. And Bruce is just spectacular."
Berman added, "We [then] have a show called 'The Communicator.' Right after a disguised mission to a pre-warp culture, Archer and Reed [Dominic Keating] come back and suddenly realize they've left a communicator on the surface. This is the adventures and misadventures of going back down and trying to find it and being captured by soldiers and accused of being spies of an enemy force on the same planet. It ends up being a Prime Directive type of episode. Archer has to decide how much he's willing to let a pre-warp culture learn and whether he is, in fact, willing to give his life to keep the fact that he's from another world a secret. That's a terrific episode."
"We've also just finished the script for an episode called 'Vanishing Point,'" Berman continued. "It's an episode that's hard to talk about without giving away the secret, but it's based around a transporter accident and it features Hoshi [Linda Park], who's in virtually every scene of the show. That's episode #10, and episode #9 is a day-in-the-life episode. We sort of follow Archer and the gang through a typical day on the Enterprise, but all of a sudden there's a rash of obsessive-compulsive behavior going on. T'Pol and Archer are teamed up in an effort to save everyone's lives. There's a lot of humor in it, but it's pretty scary as well."
Enterprise airs Wednesdays on UPN.
Doesn't Mr. Berman sound absolutely, positively "pumped" about his upcoming scripts? (Mr. Briggs, note the numbering system!!!)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
After the middle and end of last season, the beginning of this one, and most of Voyager, it will take more than a press release to rekindle my interest. Much less get me to tune in again.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah these eps are sounding like they could be done on Voyager, when are they gonna get the show on track and start building the federation ?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's it. As soon as I finish this contract job, I'm flying to L.A. and taking the set by force. Jack, I'll be counting on you for local support. Anyone else who wants to help out, I can't promise that we'll succeed, but if we do, you'll have the chance to help me shape the new "Star Trek" regime.

Vive la résistance!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Well, actually, the story ideas could be good- in this case, the dangerous Vulcan thing would have promise.

It's the execution, however, that leaves me... meh.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I prefer to use weapons of mass destruction at this stage. And I just love how "episode #9" sounds like a repackaged "Data's Day." So ... original.

Andrew Beacom

Supporting Actor
Jason,

That's the spirit. Although I doubt if even that would work at this point.

I'm not sure who suggested that B&B were pulling old Voyager/TNG episodes from their files? After tonights episode I'm starting to think it's exactly whats happening.

Maybe they haven't had to create more than a couple of episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks