What's new

Theatrical Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024) (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Right. But I still think it would be weird for the movie to open with a death like that and not have a living character at least try to see that person again in a movie concerning the afterlife. That doesn't mean they actually have to see that person again. But the topic should at least be brought up.

Maybe that will be Lydia who thinks about doing that. From the two trailers now, it looks like Astrid is just exploring the house when she goes up to the attic, finds the model and the flyer.

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
Yeah, that looks like a Beetlejuice movie.

I'm still not really getting from it much about what the new story is or why it is happening after all these years. It just seems like the idea is "Lydia has a daughter and Beetlejuice is back." I'm not advocating for spoilers by any means, but at the same time it just sort of looks like they're doing the same thing again.

I'm sure I will see the movie, and it doesn't look bad. But I'm not particularly amazed by the trailer. Of course, I might be/probably am in the minority on this.

I found the trailer surprisingly subdued. This is a Tim Burton film, right? Maybe they are trying really hard not to reveal much.

I would have expected some elaborate, fantastical sets and spooky creatures, but there wasn't much of that. And motormouth Keaton, the primary draw of the first film, says very little. Odd choice.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I found the trailer surprisingly subdued. This is a Tim Burton film, right? Maybe they are trying really hard not to reveal much.

I would have expected some elaborate, fantastical sets and spooky creatures, but there wasn't much of that. And motormouth Keaton, the primary draw of the first film, says very little. Odd choice.

Here's the original trailer, it doesn't reveal much about the film.

Keaton is only in the original for 17 minutes, but he's the main draw of the film though. For the sequel he must have more screen time and they decided to show less of him for this trailer.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
IMG_1087.jpeg

Desslar

Screenwriter
Real Name
Stephen
Here's the original trailer, it doesn't reveal much about the film.

Keaton is only in the original for 17 minutes, but he's the main draw of the film though. For the sequel he must have more screen time and they decided to show less of him for this trailer.

Good points. Hope they release a better trailer soon though. This one looks like one of those bait and switch DTV titles that has someone like Morgan Freeman front and center on the cover, but he disappears from the film after the first five minutes.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Good points. Hope they release a better trailer soon though. This one looks like one of those bait and switch DTV titles that has someone like Morgan Freeman front and center on the cover, but he disappears from the film after the first five minutes.

There might be one more trailer in late July or August before it comes out the first week of September.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I hope they're saving some of the promotion for when this film actually comes out. Seems like a lot of press here in May for a film that doesn't come out until Labor Day.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I hope they're saving some of the promotion for when this film actually comes out. Seems like a lot of press here in May for a film that doesn't come out until Labor Day.

I was thinking the same thing, odd to see this now and not closer to the release date.

I don't pay much attention to marketing for films, but I think with this film this is the fastest I've seen a teaser and actual trailer being released with just a month between them.

Does anyone know if September 6 is the premiere date or wide general release date?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.