What's new

"Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" - commentary dropout! (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Recently, I purchesed the "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me" disc. Although I enjoyed the commentary, it was the last eight minutes of the film that caught me offguard. Director Jay Roach and writers Mike myers and Michael McCullers are completely silent in the last eight minutes of the movie. Is that intentional or is it my disc? Can somebody please let me know what the deal is?

norman j

Agent
This is my first post, although I've been reading them for a long time. At Christmas I recieved the Back to the Future Trilogy as well as the Austin Powers set of three. After the framing problems with Back to the Future, I found there was no commentary at all for The Spy who Shagged me. I have taken it back to the store twice, and all three copies-same problem. I know its not my DVD player, since its the same story on the DVD-ROM. The salesman in the store tested the first copy I took back, and agreed it wasn't there.
I'm in Canada, and they are distributed here by Alliance Atlantic here. I have e mailed them and recieved no response.
I don't know if having nothing in the last eight minutes is related. Anyone else had problems with this disc? Maybe just in Canada?
:frowning:

norman j

Agent
I have now recieved a response and they are replacing the disc. I listened to the commentary from a rented disc, and yes it does end early. The last thing they said was "Just watch to movie" and then stopped. It seemed to me that they were tired of talking and didn't have any thing more to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks