ATT OGO wireless txtmsging/IMing/Emailing device

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Kyle McKnight, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

http://www.ogo.com

I bought one today. For working at GameStop I got 35% off the hardware which retails for $130 (but comes with a $30 MIR). I paid $91 for it...and if after 30 days I decide it's worth it, I'm going to send in for the $30 MIR.

For $17.99/month ($3 discount per month if you're a current ATT wireless subscriber) you get unlimited txt messaging, unlimited Emailing and unlimited IMing on one of either AIM, Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger. The email is free as long as you only use accounts with one of those three, or your own POP3 account. For $3/month extra, you can get access to the other two portals. I only use AIM, so I went with that as my basic, and have my email set up through my domain.

I bought one today. Anyone else get one, or are planning to?

2. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Nope have way too many phones/data devices now (Nokia 3650/NGage/6600, BB6710, Asus Pocket Pc, and maybe soon a BB 7100T).

3. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

That looks pretty cool, but why oh why couldn't they have included the microbrowser and made it a complete internet item? They must realize I would then drop my internet plan from my phone completely.

4. Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither Screenwriter

Actually what shocked me about the device is why it can't even be used as a phone?

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Yes, it can't be used as a phone, but it's marketed as only a msging device. I've had it for a bit over 2 days now and love it. The way I look at it, $15/month added to my ATTWS cell bill for unlimited txtmsging, access to AIM on the go, and to my email. I don't really care about the email, but unlimited txtmsging and IM access is great. ATT's best plan for txtmsging offers 1000 outgoing messages for $20/month, the next lower being 300 for $10/month.