What's new

anyone any info on the new Kraftwerk album/DVD please? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
There's a new Kraftwerk album out on June 6th (at least in Europe) called Minimum-Maximum. It's a two disc album of their 2004 tour, with tracks taken from different venues.

From what I've heard, there are two versions of the album - one in English and one in German. Does anyone know if the language difference applies just to the packaging or to the sung lyrics as well?

Also, on the official Kraftwerk website, a DVD and SACD of the album are promised. However, the website doesn't provide any information and I can't find it anywhere else. Please does anyone have any further information. names of retailers, etc?

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the German edition will not only be auf Deutsch but has a slightly different track listing than the English version.

The SACD edition has been announced as part of a deluxe Minimum-Maxium box set (that supposedly contains vinyl versions as well!). No date has been announced for that release, but to make things even more confusing -- Amazon's UK site lists the German language version of the 2CD Minimum-Maximum as having "bonus SACD." Huh???

I think I'm going to wait and read some reviews to see if a hybrid SACD disc makes it to stores.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Well, Kraftwerk's official site has very little actual information on it. It looks good though ;).
I am as curious as you with regards to the DVD, I saw their show in Stockholm, very visual, so I'd much rather have a DVD than a CD (or even SACD) of this tour.

I do believe the german version will differ only in the lyrics sung (and in some of the song titles, since they are translated was well), but I'm not sure.

If you haven't alreday, you may want to keep an eye on this unofficial fan and info site, they seem to have some more info, but nothing on the DVD, yet.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Many thanks for the info, guys. I've bought the (English) CD to be going on with and will get at least the English DVD when it's finally released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks