What's new

Any awesome CF card deals? (1 Viewer)

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

I've only got a 256mb CF card for use in my digital Rebel, and I'd love to pick up a larger one. If I don't get one for my birthday in a couple weeks, I'll be in the market for a deal on a 512 or 1gb.

Anyone know of any reputable sites online where I could pick one up for a good price?

Looks like the going rate for a 512mb 16x CF card is about $CDN140 ($USD100). I'd like to pay less, or get a 1gb for less than twice that. Help a cheap brother out!

Edit: How awesome is it that HTF has a photo area? Thanks, admins! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
512 MB SanDisk Ultra II (much faster than 16x) go for about $100. They are out of stock at Amazon but you could probably find them elsewhere. Lexar 40x 512MB are $119 and in stock.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
If you have a friend at Best Buy, you can get a 512mb Sandisk Ultra II for less than half-price!

The Rebel has very slow CF write speeds...I don't think it is faster than 8x when writing, so you could use almost any CF card in it. However, read speeds through a card reader is another matter...

Also, I heard from the dpreview.com forum that the new standard Sandisk CF cards have the Ultra II engine in them - slower than the Ultra IIs, but faster than 24x speed cards. You can buy them at Costco, test them, and return them if they are the older slow-ass ones. I think the labels are subtlely different on the new ones.

James^Brian

Agent
I don't know a about you, but I would be very interested in a power buy on CF cards (does this forum do that?). After having some discs go bad on me I've had to invest in some very expensive solutions-- laptops to mobily download, review and save to hard drive and burn to CD. I'm looking to buy 20+ 256 cards to replace my current stock. I'm interested in the Lexar Pro 256 cards. I'd go for the bigger cards but I dont want the risk of putting so many eggs in one basket. 256 gives plenty enough room.. about 80 pics on a 6mp camera in JPEG fine mode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, the HTF doesn't sponsor/promote group buys anymore. Check out the rules (#11) for more details.

This week, there was one store that was offering a 1GB CF Lexar card for $120 after rebates, it was Office Max ($20 MIR).

Ian Alexander

Auditioning
Thanks for the info. Just picked one up at lunch. They were substituting the Kingston for the same price (with rebate). This is not offered on the web site, only in this weeks ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks