What's new

Anne of the 1000 Days /Mary Queen of Scots and Universal (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Universal, which is releasing some interesting double features should release "ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS" with Richard Burton and Genvieve Bujold and "MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS" with Vanessa Redgrave, Glenda Jackson and Timothy Dalton as a double feature. They are both excellent films!!!!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, these are pretty notable no-shows. MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS is a film I remember liking a lot when I saw it theatrically (lovely John Barry score, too), and it was only released to video in the VHS format. ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS is a film I remember picking apart because the editing was so sloppy, but it had several strong performances and a nice Delerue score, and it does seem odd it hasn't come out on DVD yet. But, then, we are speaking of Universal here, aren't we? We'll get a seventh edition of the 1999 MUMMY first, I suspect.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Good double-feature, I would pick up both of these films on DVD. I haven't seen Mary Queen of Scots in a long time.

Universal really needs some new thinking in their DVD department!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks