What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Quiet Man (Region B) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
Robert Crawford said:
My dispatched the same day, but still waiting.
Robert, I just had an Audio BD shipped from Amazon UK via i-parcel.

IMO, the issue with the method of shipping like other hybrids involving USPS is the hand-off to the Post Office.

They totally F'd up the delivery for 5 days sending it to hell and gone before getting it to my mailbox.

In any event, I want to thank the poster for reminding me that I can order directly from Eureka.

Ordered Quiet Man & Shane for 14GBP shipped.

I already have the domestic Shane but double-dipped because it is on my all-time fav list.

Quiet Man is a great film for family viewing and a great film besides that.

It is a bit sad that these titles are limited to 2,000 copies each but are still easy to get.

It won't be long before no one living cares or knows about these great, great works of art.

Thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Douglas_H said:
Robert, I just had an Audio BD shipped from Amazon UK via i-parcel.

IMO, the issue with the method of shipping like other hybrids involving USPS is the hand-off to the Post Office.

They totally F'd up the delivery for 5 days sending it to hell and gone before getting it to my mailbox.

In any event, I want to thank the poster for reminding me that I can order directly from Eureka.

Ordered Quiet Man & Shane for 14GBP shipped.

I already have the domestic Shane but double-dipped because it is on my all-time fav list.

Quiet Man is a great film for family viewing and a great film besides that.

It is a bit sad that these titles are limited to 2,000 copies each but are still easy to get.

It won't be long before no one living cares or knows about these great, great works of art.

Thanks
Yeah, I think the USPS is screwing me here. Anyhow, I hope it's in my mail box when I return home after seeing the latest Star Wars film.:)

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Here in Australia I got Shane a few days ago and The Quiet Man(yes, I already have the US earlier Blu Ray) in a shipment with a lot of outh UK releases three days ago. All Amazon UK. There has been some shipping delay thru customs in Australia and I got one US single titles package that took 20 days. Long time since that or longer. Usually 10-12 days these days. There has been a shipping delay because of a go slow here by customs union members. What happened is that from July 1 they merged customs with with Immigration and lowered customs' employees pay and benefits to those of the immigration guys. Not done in a polite society. A friend is the longest employee in customs in my state and at over 64 now he is thinking of retiring as some others did earlier this year to avoid working under the new set-up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Robert Crawford said:
Yeah, I think the USPS is screwing me here. Anyhow, I hope it's in my mail box when I return home after seeing the latest Star Wars film. :)
As I suspected, I received The Quiet Man today. :D

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
Robert Crawford said:
As I suspected, I received The Quiet Man today. :D
Excellent. I saw Star Wars yesterday. Kind of a meh or maybe meh+ for me and most of the group.

Not bad but I kept getting that deja vu feeling. Ya know? ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Douglas_H said:
Excellent. I saw Star Wars yesterday. Kind of a meh or maybe meh+ for me and most of the group.

Not bad but I kept getting that deja vu feeling. Ya know? ;)
Well, I've watched this latest Star Wars film twice already so obviously, I like it a lot. With that said, I'm Star Wars out for a while after viewing the entire collection of films so my focus the rest of the weekend turns to The Quiet Man and Shane.:)

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I watched Shane last weekend and this weekend I'll be watching The Quiet Man. I've also got Day Of The Outlaw as well as The Lost Weekend on order. Really looking forward to seeing these on blu-ray.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
I was counting on being able to watch Quiet Man & Shane today but no luck.

I know the news has focused on how warm it is in on the East Coast but on the West Coast it's been a blizzard in the mountains.

We didn't have any deliveries on Wed. or Thurs.

CinemaCynic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Well I've had a fun, new Amazon experience. They've sent me an empty envelope. I contacted the site and based on the outside label it was supposed to contain Quiet Man and Shane...... AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Its like Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown. Good grief.

The replacements will be here sometime in January.......

moviepas

Supporting Actor
A couple of days ago, Amazon UK sent me a small package and it was a Jazz Christmas CD which I had never heard of or ordered. No invoice. I tracked it to a CD (British Dance Band music) that I had ordered and, obviously, charged and not shipped. They have shipped the right disc now, I hope.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
Finally got Shane & Quiet Man from Eureka today. Sheesh.

Not that I care, but compared to other MOC releases I have, the packaging\art work on these is bare bones to say the least.

I'm sure that is reflected in the bare bones price.

Douglas_H

Stunt Coordinator
First off, I want to thank the poster who clued me in to these MOC releases.

2nd, to the poster who clued me in the Panasonic Region B hack.

Watched Shane this weekend on my new Sony 4k set that replaced my 11 year-old 1080 bedroom CRT that blew up on Thanksgiving.

Got the set calibrated etc., and watched Shane on Saturday.

WOW.

I didn't do a side-by-side with the US release but the MOC is fantastic.

I'm sure it's not perfect but dedicating an entire disc for each aspect ratio is easy to discern.

Phenomenal clarity, color and depth of image is a joy to watch.

Hopefully, the Panasonic will play The Quiet Man as well.

Thanks again to all.

CinemaCynic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
My replacement sets came today. Won't labor the ongoing praise but they blow out the US releases qualitatively. By miles.

Highly recommended.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Not knowing how the "Stop/Top" trick would work on my Sony BD player, I opted only to purchase "Shane" for the experiment.

Unfortunately, it didn't work on my specific player.

My regrets in this purchase of "Shane"?

Zip - Zero - Nada; as I captured myself one of the "Limited" 2000 editions and it is only a matter of months before I purchase a Region Free Player.

I am thankful for having read the comments of those who got to see it - totally believe in all the accolades - and am glad I won't be out in the cold

Once the new player is in place, then MOC will receive my order for "The Quiet Man" (and then some).

Thanks HTF :).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks