What's new

80's songs from Donnie Darko, where can I get them? (1 Viewer)

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Anyone know if there is an easy way to get some of these songs on one cd? They aren't on the soundtrack unfortunately. This is some really great music I missed out on when it was popular (too young, 6th grade maybe?), but I really enjoy it now that I am older. If I have to buy separate releases for these tracks, can someone recommend what are the CD's to look for from each artist? Thanks in advance!

01. "The Killing Moon" - Echo & The Bunnymen
02. "Head over Heels" - Tears For Fears
03. "Notorious" - Duran Duran
04. "Proud To Be Loud" - The Dead Green Mummies
05. "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division
06. "Under the Milky Way" - The Church
07. "Mad World" - Gary Jules

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
I have two version of "Mad World" by Gary Jules, one with percussion and one without. I prefer the one without, the percussion is a bit distracting

FWIW it was originally done by Tears for Fears, althout thier version can't evoke tears the way Gary Jules can.

if you cant find those songs on a CD, you might as well DL Kazaa Lite, download them, and then unistall Kazaa. Desperate times call for Desperate measures

/me glances at 14gb download folder

...i swear i'm not addicted

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that is definitely one awesome soundtrack. if you're gonna buy the artist's cds, then i think best-of's are in order.

btw - i have all the cd's i'm listing below.

echo: "ballyhoo, the best of echo & the bunneymen". i bought this as an import, but i think it's now available locally. sorry, but i couldn't find a link. it is *significantly* better than "songs to learn and sing"

tff: "shout: the very best of tears for fears

duran: "greatest"

joy division: "permanent"

the church: "under the milky way - the best of"

80's rule! :)

[edit] go to www.bunnymen.com. they have a link where you can sample 30-second snippets from "ballyhoo".

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Ted,

I found that Echo "Ballyhoo" cd at both Amazon and Circuit City, but both list it as an import, and it's about $33. Ouch!:frowning: But I checked the tracklisting against the other you mentioned, and it does seem a more complete album. Has more tracks anyway. There are a few places through the Amazon marketplace that sell it for $15, but I haven't ever used that. Do you have any experience with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks