What's new

4 new Criterions announced for 2004 (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
It does appear in the new Criterion catalog which is included with the Tokyo Story release (spine #213--formerly given to The Lower Depths, which has also been delayed).
At one point, Cousin Cousine was in their printed catalog. Things change.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of Kurosawa, every Kurosawa title I've own is a masterpiece in my eyes. And they were all bought sight unseen ( Seven Samurai being the exception).

Do you guys think he'll continue to bat 1.000 with me? :)

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Have you seen any of his later work yet? I think Dreams and Rhapsody in August are pretty weak, and Dodes-kaden is far too long.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Have you seen any of his later work yet? I think Dreams and Rhapsody in August are pretty weak, and Dodes-kaden is far too long.
I've seen Madadayo as part of a film class during my senior year. I liked it. I'm a little on the hesitant side to see Dreams though, after hearing all the strange and heavy-handed things about them.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I think Dreams and Rhapsody in August are pretty weak, and Dodes-kaden is far too long.
I found Dreams and Rhapsody in August to be fairly engaging (I'd give 'em three stars out of four), but yes, Dodes-kaden is painfully slow-moving (and thus seems overlong).

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
It was rumoured that The Leopard was coming from Criterion, but now I have proof!
This is fantastic news. I hope this 70mm material contains Visconti's uncut 205 min. version, rather than the shortened and/or dubbed editions floating around. Seeing the banquet scene restored to D.P. Rotunno's beautiful original color would be excellent. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks