What's new

Recent content by LaMarcus

  1. LaMarcus

    $4000 Budget on new projector please help!

    To keep a happy home (or happy wife), I went ahead and bought the Panny 4000. I am totally satisfied with the purchase, going from the Panny 500 to the 4000 was like going from DVD to Blu-ray. It's freaking awesome I put Avatar in and almost lost it. I honestly don't see how spending $2000 more...
  2. LaMarcus

    $4000 Budget on new projector please help!

    So do you fellas think the JVC X3 will look significantly better than the Panny 4000? (is that a silly question? lol) By the numbers the Panny and Epson 9500 are better in terms of black level. And I'm all about black level, when I first joined this forum many years ago I was indoctrinated with...
  3. LaMarcus

    $4000 Budget on new projector please help!

    Well, that answers that.
  4. LaMarcus

    $4000 Budget on new projector please help!

    I did some research on this website and procetorcentral, etc, and found that there are a bunch of different things going on with 3D projectors. I was wondering what is the difference between the JVC x3 and RS40? They seem to be the same thing, but they are from two different series. I also...
  5. LaMarcus

    $4000 Budget on new projector please help!

    Hey folks it's been awhile since I've been active on the forum, but I figure my old HT family can help me better than anyone else can. I just got an insurance settlement and I want to make a few upgrades, I'll start with the most important a new projector for the dedicated HT (will ask about...
  6. LaMarcus

    Member Theater Picture Post?

    I haven't been on here in a couple years, and the site is sooo different. I'm looking for the member gallery myself. Does it not exist anymore?
  7. LaMarcus

    Lets talk Gears Of War

    It is by far the best game on the 360, and by far the best game graphically ever. I repeat all the praise that has been given. Problems....the game does have it's problems, only online though. I haven't seen any single player problems. Number one online problem is being able to have people...
  8. LaMarcus

    360 HD DVD drive, not so hot...

    That's unfortunate, I was really looking forward to getting one.
  9. LaMarcus

    How do old video game systems look on HD-TV's?

    Using s-video or yellow rca on my 65" samsung looks terrible. It was the main reason I stopped playin my PS2. But on my 36" tosh PS2 looks great.
  10. LaMarcus

    HD DVD player's upconversion quality?

    You know what Ron? That's the only thing I DIDN'T DO!! But I did everything from changing res, to calibration. I figured (or hoped) that it was because of the hdmi to dvi convert that made it not look good. I also thought maybe because I have an old bulp that it didn't look good. But HD net etc...
  11. LaMarcus

    HD DVD player's upconversion quality?

    Well I went ahead and bought the HD-A1, and while I was there I figured I minus well buy a 52" JVC HD-ILA :-) Riddick in HD on the JVC was amazing, it was beautiful. The upconvertion of SD looks pretty good on the JVC. Problem I have with this player is that HD DVD and SD DVD don't look much...
  12. LaMarcus

    *** Official X-MEN: THE LAST STAND Discussion Thread

    Where to begin...first let me say that 80% of the movie was really enjoyable, the other 20% I didn't like just because I used to read the comics. For those who have never read them the movie should have been fine, except for those of us here whom really study movie intricacies, pacing, etc...
  13. LaMarcus

    HD DVD player's upconversion quality?

    Very good points Micheal you actually decribed to the 'T' what I couldn't put into words. Also I didn't consider the size of the screen, because more often than not the smaller the screen the better the picture looks. I guess because it doesn't have to work as hard and you don't see the...
  14. LaMarcus

    HD DVD player's upconversion quality?

    In your opinion Micheal do you think that the fact it was on a 1080p set played any part in making it look better? It was the Westinghouse lcd 1080p
  15. LaMarcus

    HD DVD player's upconversion quality?

    Let me preface this by saying I was at BB and they had the demo running. The HD material looked awesome but what was freaking me out was that the sd upconverted looked great as well. They had Charlie and the chocolate factory playing and it looked VERY good, better than it did at home. Now I...
Top