Recent content by Jeff Adkins

  1. Jeff Adkins

    Movies & Cinema during the Pandemic? Catch-all Discussion

    Capacity isn't a problem though. With so few films coming out, there's excess screens available. A film that opens at a 14-plex that would have had 4-5 screens of Wonder Woman can now have 8-10 screens. I do agree though that if they delay it, it'll just get delayed rather than go to PVOD...
  2. Jeff Adkins

    Movies & Cinema during the Pandemic? Catch-all Discussion

    I can't speak as to anywhere else, but here in Indiana we are at 75%. There won't be any VOD for at least 75 days because it's playing at AMC, Regal and Cinemark. It's in their contract. The box office numbers will certainly be interesting to watch. Maybe. We'll see. Tickets for The Empire...
  3. Jeff Adkins

    Movies & Cinema during the Pandemic? Catch-all Discussion

    In the big picture, California and New York don't make a huge percentage of difference. International will bring in 70% of the box office total. So of the remaining 30%, California and NY make up roughly 18% of the U.S. population. Those are just rough figures, but that puts the NY/CA as a...
  4. Jeff Adkins

    Movies & Cinema during the Pandemic? Catch-all Discussion

    Going by the list, these are the states where they aren't allowed to open: AZ, CA, DC, MD, NJ, NM, NY, NC, and WA Michigan must be divided by regions. The only AMC opening there is way in the Northern part of the state, while the rest remain closed.
  5. Jeff Adkins

    Tenet (2020)

    Our local IMAX at the Indiana State Museum has been doing that for a few weeks now. They've run Interstellar, Dunkirk and Dark Knight Rises in 70mm, as well as the other Nolan Batman films in IMAX.
  6. Jeff Adkins

    Tenet (2020)

    They weren't when they first re-opened in July, but they became mandatory on August 8th.
  7. Jeff Adkins

    General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals

    Pretty much, although I was happy to pick up Lost Highway. I own the inferior UK release on Blu-Ray but it has a pitch issue. I never bothered to pick up the Kino release because of the price, so getting this for $4.99 means I can finally retire my old Blu-Ray.
  8. Jeff Adkins

    HBO Max HBO Max - AT&T / WarnerMedia's Streaming Service (Official Thread)

    I'm not a Roku owner. If I were, I'd be replacing it with a Chromecast or Apple TV. Neither of those devices are holding streaming platforms hostage. HBO Max, Peacock and Quibi are all available on both of them.
  9. Jeff Adkins

    Press Release Criterion Press Release: The War of the Worlds (1953) (Blu-ray)

    So is this how it appeared theatrically?
  10. Jeff Adkins

    Press Release Criterion Press Release: The War of the Worlds (1953) (Blu-ray)

    Do we know what color Mars was during the initial theatrical run?
  11. Jeff Adkins

    HBO Max HBO Max - AT&T / WarnerMedia's Streaming Service (Official Thread)

    I thought it was added yesterday? It had a "NEW" banner on it yesterday. See post #515.
  12. Jeff Adkins

    HBO Max HBO Max - AT&T / WarnerMedia's Streaming Service (Official Thread)

    Does anyone know where to find the movies that are leaving? The "Last Chance" section isn't complete. Open Range isn't listed there, but yet if you pull it up, it does state it's leaving at the end of the month. It seems like websites are keeping track of things leaving Hulu and Netflix but...
  13. Jeff Adkins

    Tenet (2020)

    I'm sure it will be brought back theatrically at some point either later in the year or perhaps next year. There will be a lot of people like you who want the theatrical experience but aren't ready to go yet.
  14. Jeff Adkins

    HBO Max HBO Max - AT&T / WarnerMedia's Streaming Service (Official Thread)

    How did AT&T bungle the deal? They've offered the app to Roku. Roku won't allow it. They insist on it being a "channel" because they want to take a percentage of the monthly subscription.