What's new

Finally ordered new SVS 20-39PCI+!!! Do I have everything? (1 Viewer)

Greg Olson

Auditioning
Well finally ordered a SVS 20-39PCI+ yesterday, now I am like my kids waiting for Christmas. My wife is not sure who is worse the kids or me! I waited to order it, so it will show up after Christmas, because it is going where the tree is currently is and I don't think my wife would like me trying to move the tree around A few days before Christmas.

I think I have everything ready; I have my Avia disk, Radio Shack meter, Sub cable (ordered with the sub), Good supply of demo material. Is there anything else I am missing? What about a tripod for the meter? Will I get truer reading using a tripod?

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
yes, a tripod is quite handy, placed in your main listening seat, the meter at ear height and pointed halfway into the room toward the front speakers.

1. You can pull up a stool to the side and read the dial and take notes at the same time.
2. Your body will not block the meter's readings.
3.You are assured of a "standard" reading/placement when you go back to recalibrate, as we all do from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.