Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Gaming TV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   MarissaH

MarissaH

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:05 AM

I've got a 20 inch Panasonic TV now, but I'm thinking about getting something a bit bigger and a bit more suited to gaming. My TV stand supports 27 inch, which I suppose is quite sufficient for a 10x10 game room. (I picked this room because it doesn't have any windows) I won't be watching DVDs much, or really do much of anything with it but play games. I have a PS2 and Gamecube, may get an Xbox in the future. I'm going for visual quality with games here; the audio isn't that important to me since I'm hearing impaired and will probably miss those nuances in sound anyways. However, a front headphone jack would be really nice. Beyond what I've said, I don't really know what I want. I'm not sure what progressive scan is or any of that fancy stuff. I just want my games to look their best. Any suggestions?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   GlenHaag

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor

• 973 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:29 AM

I would take a look at your local Best Buy or CC, or whichever retailer is in the area for a good 27" TV that does support progressive scan. I can't really give all that much info on progressive scan either, but from what I understand it draws the picture on the screen in a faster and better way than standard RCA or S-video cables do. So, if you added that feature you'd be looking at new Video cables for both your Gamecube and PS2.

Here's a better description that I found at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co....510494-1527925

Here's one that I found at BB that has headphone outputs and progressive scan capability.

http://www.bestbuy.c....cat=24&scat=27

Best of luck.

Glen

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor

• 975 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:45 AM

Have a look at these

Dean

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 04:48 AM

The RCAs with VPort are kinda cool. Do you want flatscreen though? Are you wanting to step up to highdef?
If you are the Samsung models are quite nice. I have a friend with a HD Samsung 27in and it is a wonderful TV. Got it for about 750 dollars.
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted November 22 2002 - 05:21 AM

I'd pick up the Samsung 27" HD. I picked up mine (the older version), and even though the price has gone down a lot, I still think I got my money's worth.
My Collection
Webmaster, The iPod Store (currently under construction) & The iPod mini Store
My Home Theater Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users