Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Spitting Satellite Signals???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Scott_Sylke

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted November 11 2002 - 12:43 PM

I need some advise. I have a triple LNB satellite. It has 4 coax outputs. I only have 2 of these cables going into the home. One going upsaits, the other downstairs.

I just added a 3rd receiver today. My problem is that I can't put anymore holes in the house. So, I need to split the downstairs coax into 2 cables to go to two seperate sat receivers (one of them being an HDTV receiver).

I discovered (the hard way) that you can't simply use a splitter because it divides the transponder signals.

My question is, is it possible to get a multiswitch or something that will divide this one coax into two and get the same signal that the one was getting before being split(with all 3 sat's)???

Your input will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Scott
a.k.a. KCWolfPck
My Home Theater Set-up

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted November 11 2002 - 01:19 PM

Not sure about the answer but if you don't get it answered here try www.dbsforums.com

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted November 12 2002 - 12:01 AM

You can split sat signals if you "stack" them. That combines the left and right hand polarities on to the same coax at the same time. A stacker will run about $250+. You have to have a de-stacker at each receiver. Those are about $75 each. They will NOT work with a multi-sat dish like yours, they only work with the 18" dishes.

It's never impossible to run more coax, just time consuming or really expensive.

-Robert