What's new

Spitting Satellite Signals??? (1 Viewer)

Scott_Sylke

Stunt Coordinator
I need some advise. I have a triple LNB satellite. It has 4 coax outputs. I only have 2 of these cables going into the home. One going upsaits, the other downstairs.

I just added a 3rd receiver today. My problem is that I can't put anymore holes in the house. So, I need to split the downstairs coax into 2 cables to go to two seperate sat receivers (one of them being an HDTV receiver).

I discovered (the hard way) that you can't simply use a splitter because it divides the transponder signals.

My question is, is it possible to get a multiswitch or something that will divide this one coax into two and get the same signal that the one was getting before being split(with all 3 sat's)???

Your input will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can split sat signals if you "stack" them. That combines the left and right hand polarities on to the same coax at the same time. A stacker will run about $250+. You have to have a de-stacker at each receiver. Those are about $75 each. They will NOT work with a multi-sat dish like yours, they only work with the 18" dishes.

It's never impossible to run more coax, just time consuming or really expensive.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks