What's new

Bruce Campbell fans in Orlando... (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Bruce Campbell will be having a QA/Book Signing at Coliseum of Comics in the Orlando Fashion Mall on October 31st from 4-9pm. The only requirement is a copy of his book If Chins Could Kill which he will sign + he will sign one other item (I am bringing an Army of Darkness poster). Buy the book at CoC and you can get a reserved place in line for the autograph session (I am #93 :eek: and this is 12 days before the event... so basically, if you don't buy the book there... it will be a LONG wait).
Campbell Fans... you know who you are :D
Wanna meet me? I will be the man in the hawaiian shirt in the long-ass line holding a poster ;)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Please ask him about any news on Bubba Ho-Tep being released theatrically. Thanks.

~T

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I am wondering just as much as you about BHT... and if he doesn't address it publically (there is going to be a short Q/A session before signing begins), I will be sure to ask him along with "where is Evil Dead 4?" :D

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Hey Rob, I'm a UCF student too! I would love to go to the signing, but I have a class at 7 p.m. and I don't want to risk being late. Grrr.....

Anyways, it's nice to know we have at least one other UCF HTFer.

Did you happen to go see Doug Bradley (aka Pinhead) Fri. night? I had to work but I heard it was great.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No, I missed Pinhead... I went to the opening of the Mall at the Millenia and after that went to AMC PLEASURE ISLAND'S FLASHBACK showing of Jurassic Park.
Say, wanna get together next week (Thursday) for Bill Mahar at 8pm in the UCF Arena? Also, IIRC, Halloween is the FLASHBACK midnight movie at AMC this week on Friday and me and 2 other people are planning on going if you want to come (kind of late getting back though... about 3am depending on traffic).
I am having very good luck with Bruce Campbell's appearance in that I have no classes on Thursdays :)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I met Bruce a few weeks ago at a signing here in Omaha. I know the answers to your questions, but will not spoil them for you. It was a great time! :D
However: be careful about the "book+one" signing thing. That's what they told us here, but in fact he would sign either the book or the other item, not both. If you wanted something other than the book signed, you had to have purchased a copy of the book, regardless.
Just an FYI...

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Do I want to go to see Bill Mahar and Halloween? Yes and Yes. In actuality will I be able to go? No and No.

The same reason I can't go see Bruce Campbell (that damn Thursday night class), and I gotta work Friday night!

But definitely keep me in mind if anything else pops up. My schedule is tricky but I would love to meet up sometime.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The director is holding back Bubba Ho-Tep. Some odd spat or another.

I'd say that with Sam Raimi's Hollywood stock at an A+ right now, that Evil Dead 4 is the closest to actually happening as it can possibly be. I seriously believe that Sam Raimi may have put as a rider on his Spidey 2 contract that Columbia finance ED4.

Mind you, that is only a guess, but even if he didn't finding the money won't be too hard

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I got to meet Bruce over the summer when he performed locally in an outdoor production of Shane. As great as that was, meeting Bruce was 10 x greater. They also did the book+1 thing. I already had a copy at home, but bought another to guarantee we got to meet him. He was great with all the fans, and spent much more time with everyone than I expected him to. I was a bit starstruck and forgot most of what I wanted to ask--it was just a thrill to sit next to him and chat for a few minutes. He was a very gracious, approachable, down-to-earth guy, and terribly funny. For the record, in addition to the book, I had him sign my copy of Running Time, which is one of my favorite BC films. I was kind of proud of the fact that I was the only person to bring a copy--everyone else had Evil Dead toys, DVD's, etc. I would have liked to have gotten a piece of Brisco County memorabilia signed, but since I don't have any, that'd be kind of hard. Overall, it was an even greater experience than I expected.

Jeff Bannow

Agent
He did the same book signing here in Royal Oak, MI, followed by a Q & A and a screening of Bubba Ho-tep ... very fun time. He's a great guy to talk to. And the book is great as well.

- Jeff

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
hehe... thanks Dome. Bruce was a really nice guy, and you can really tell that he cares about his fans. He spent about 2 or 3 minutes talking to everybody (We talked about the effects 'Evil Dead' had on me when I saw it the first time at age 12 and also about the weird things he has signed at appearances ;) ).
Plus I got an 'Army of Darkness' theatrical poster signed by him! Yay :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks