What's new

Anyone still have a RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc player? (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Anyone still have a RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc player?
I have been into DVD ever since the format was introduced....I jumped on the LD bandwagon about 2 years ago and have a nice "mini-collection" mainly consisting of DTS titles like Titanic.
Would I be crazy to pick one of these SelectaVision players up? Looks like they go very cheap on ebay (movies very cheap also).....I understand the quality on these things is right on par (maybe a bit better) than VHS quality.
To be honest...I wouldn't be adding this for picture quality. I would just like to collect the titles and have a player to add to my modest HT set-up.
My stepfather had one of these when they were first introduced by RCA (we lived in Indianapolis)...and my first showing of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was on SelectaVision as well.
Just curious if anyone still has this....and can anyone recommend a good/best player to try to find?
thanks
oh, and if you are reading this thread and have no idea what I'm talking about......see here:
[url=http://www.cedmagic.com/selectavision.html
------------------

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I had 2 players, but I had to dispose of them...they were in a million pieces!
furious.gif

I DO have around 25 titles and I will be more than glad to sell them. Contact me @ [email protected] if you're interested.
------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Heh!,
I remember these, Never had one or even seen it in person. just remember that they were available.
Good Luck,,Some nice nostalgia.
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks