Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Anyone still have a RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc player?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,836 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 06:48 PM

Anyone still have a RCA SelectaVision VideoDisc player?

I have been into DVD ever since the format was introduced....I jumped on the LD bandwagon about 2 years ago and have a nice "mini-collection" mainly consisting of DTS titles like Titanic.

Would I be crazy to pick one of these SelectaVision players up? Looks like they go very cheap on ebay (movies very cheap also).....I understand the quality on these things is right on par (maybe a bit better) than VHS quality.

To be honest...I wouldn't be adding this for picture quality. I would just like to collect the titles and have a player to add to my modest HT set-up.

My stepfather had one of these when they were first introduced by RCA (we lived in Indianapolis)...and my first showing of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was on SelectaVision as well.

Just curious if anyone still has this....and can anyone recommend a good/best player to try to find?

thanks

oh, and if you are reading this thread and have no idea what I'm talking about......see here:

http://www.cedmagic....ectavision.html

------------------
color="blue"> I WAS DRUGGED AND LEFT FOR DEAD IN NEW MEXICO AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID T-SHIRT

My DVD Collection

My LD Collection

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,483 posts
  • LocationAlpharetta, GA, USA

Posted August 02 2001 - 10:08 PM

I had 2 players, but I had to dispose of them...they were in a million pieces! Posted Image

I DO have around 25 titles and I will be more than glad to sell them. Contact me @ pmccart@tds.net if you're interested.

------------------
P.S.: There's no P.S.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Trevor Schell

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts

Posted August 02 2001 - 10:37 PM

Heh!,
I remember these, Never had one or even seen it in person. just remember that they were available.

Good Luck,,Some nice nostalgia.

------------------
Trevor..Posted Image
My HomeTheater S.E. Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!
Trevor 
 HomeTheater S.E.
(Sonically Enhanced)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users