-

Photo

Decisions, Decisions - 9 pm viewing 10/6/02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted October 06 2002 - 12:33 PM

Well, it's finally here. That dreaded day some of us have been, um, dreading.

Alias, Angel, and Sopranos, all on at 9:00 pm.

Here's my plan. Watch Alias in High Def. Tivo Angel. Watch the High Def re-air of Sopranos on Wed. Luckily Sopranos only has 9 more episodes. But then Six Feet Under starts again.

Sure would like a PVR that recorded High Def signals, and could record more than one program at a time.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted October 06 2002 - 11:56 PM

"Angel" on the Replay, "Alias" on the good VCR, "Law & Order" on the not-so-hot VCR. And it gets worse in November, since Fox is apparently planning on running "Andy Richter Controls The Universe" after "Malcolm In The Middle". I would have skipped MITM when it was paired with "The Grubbs", but now...

This Wednesday is looking even worse, with the "Birds Of Prey" premiere running long (9pm - Twilight Zone, Amazing Race, BoP; 10pm, L&O and MDs).
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jodee

Jodee

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted October 07 2002 - 01:26 AM

I have two Replays and two cable boxes so I recorded Angel & Alias at 9 pm, but then I grabbed Sopranos at the 12 midnight re-airing, so I'll watch it today with my husband.

Mondays are pretty light viewing for me, so it will be nice to watch Sopranos every Monday.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John_VI

John_VI

Second Unit

• 269 posts

Posted October 07 2002 - 04:33 AM

Not having the HD conflict makes it much easier for me. And with a DirecTIVO box recording two channels simultaneously while I watch a third previously-recorded program, I am in hog heaven.

I can't remember the last time I even turned on my VCR. Oh wait!! It was a few months ago when I used it to dump a program I saved on TIVO onto a tape for a digitally-challenged neighbor.

"'Xcuse me while I whip this out!"
- Sheriff Bart

(__VI______________]]]]~~~~~

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted October 07 2002 - 01:24 PM

I use three S-VHS VCR's for the analog stuff and a MyHD card on my computer to record conflicting HD programs. It was busy last night from 9:00 to 11:00 pm. All three VCR's and the MyHD card were in play.