What's new

Movies Losing 'Sync (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Not sure exactly where to put this post. This seemed like the best section.

I just bought a new DVD player yesterday, and while watching a movie, I noticed that when the chapter changed, and also sometimes in the middle of the chapter, the audio track gets a bit ahead of the movie. I'm thinking the audio track loses syncronisation with the video track, but I am not sure. Could it be a problem with the DVD player, or the DVD I used? For the record, the DVD used was 'I Am Sam'. I have not had time to try any other DVDs on the player, but would like to know if I need to start looking for a new one...

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Try some other DVDs first. The problem might just be with the I Am Sam movie.

What type of player do you have?

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I had that problem last night when watching "The Crow" for a while, until I hit pause on the DVD player and when it unpaused, it was working normal again.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
My Sony player (330) does this all the time. I don't know if newer Sony's have this problem or not, but the older ones sure do.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
This was a much more common problem in the early days. Often it was an issue of compatibility between certain players (firmware updates often resulted) and certain discs (with faulty coding).

The most problematic players were the Sony 500/300 series, the Pioneer 414, the Toshiba 3901, and a number of Panasonics.

Now the problem occurs far less frequently.

As mentioned, either pausing or stopping the player then restarting solves the A/V sync' issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks