What's new

Saturday Night Fever Packaging (1 Viewer)

DarrenA

Second Unit
I guess after the negative response to Artisan's Mars tin for the Total Recall:SE, Paramount decided to cancel the limited edition clam shell disco ball packaging?;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Very funny, Darren!

Actually, I like the packaging.

Good job, Paramount.

This transfer better be immaculate.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Anyone know of the features for this release? I can't seem to find any info on it.:confused:

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Ron, the Saturday Night Fever transfer is incredible. You have to remember this was one of the first movies to use Dolby but frankly it wasn't well done, as John Badham is quick to point out. But these new 5.1 tracks sound awesome. The visual quality of the film has been much enhanced too. I think they are the real selling point to this film which many of us remember blew us away at the time.

Bonus features include a Badham commentary, a cutdown of the VH-1 special "Behind the Music" and the additional footage that has appeared in other (e.g. TV) versions over the years.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Blythe, is all of the original 1977 music included? Were the rights for these songs secured, or will we hear alternate songs for some of them (ex. Disco Duck)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have both Sesame Street Fever and the followup Sesame Disco! But I don't have a copy of an animated parody called Salami Night Fever which featured dancing sausages.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I can't wait to snap this puppy up!

I absolutely love this soundtrack and hope that the bass thumps like it should!

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
I took a look at the pic of the DVD case, did anybody notice that it appears to be a paper case (like what Fox and Columbia has used for some of their releases).

I thought that Paramount ONLY uses the Plastic Keep cases. Wouldn't this be a departure for them to use a cardboard case?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Paramount Home Entertainment used custom cases for the Star Trek: The Next Generation season box sets.

I think the packaging is very nice for this anniversary release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Martin,

This sounds incredible. Can't wait to do
a review on this title. This movie has always
been in my top 10 favorites of all time.

Scott,

I would garner a pretty a rough guess that none
of the music was changed. That would be blasphamy,
and with a movie like this you could not release
it any other way.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
And I hope that you will include as many trailers and TV spots as possible. I would get a kick out of seeing the "Now Rated PG!" ads again, remembering that as a child I was not allowed to see R rated films, and that with the new rating I would be able to finally see it without my parents' permission.

Slightly off-topic, but the Nuart in L.A. has tentatively booked SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER for a midnight show December 13th to continue the 25th anniversary celebration (since the film originally opened in December of 1977). Would you happen to know if the fix-it job applied to the sound mix for DVD will be applied to theatrical prints as well? Can I possibly look forward to, oh say, projecting a Dolby Digital print of this movie? I guess this would be somewhat out of your department, but I figured it was worth asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks