What's new

Disney: Future Titles on DVD (1 Viewer)

Brett_T

Auditioning
Dear Disney,
Does Buena Vista have any plans to release more 80s and 90s Comedies in the foreseeable future? (ie. Gross Anatomy, Camp Nowhere, Turner & Hooch)
Any plans to release their old Disney live-action fare on DVD? (ie. The Love Bug Series, Hayley Mills Collection, The Kurt Russell Collection)
Yours Truly,
Brett Talbot

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I would hope so...
I'm still waiting for a lot of those...
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A Kurt Russell Collection and a Fred MacMurray Collection would be great.
Disney, are you listening?
------------------
-Rodney
No MAR'ed Films, I want my OAR!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have no doubt that at some time in the nebulous future, Disney will begin releasing their live-action classics. They are probably designing a "line" for such titles even now. They will eventually run out of animated material to release (except for the one Platinum title each year). And actually they have put out SO DEAR TO MY HEART, so it's just a matter of time. Meanwhile, Anchor Bay is still announcing the DVD of WATCHER IN THE WOODS, albeit not exactly a classic, and they may still have a few more in the wings (whatever happened to IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS and JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN, which Anchor Bay announced two years ago?) TREASURE ISLAND, THE LOVE BUG and a few more are available in Region 2, but the transfers are not great.

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
HEAVYWEIGHTS. BEN STILLER AND FAT KID JOKES-WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR?
------------------
signature.jpg
[email protected]

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'd love to see Disney release their 60s & 70s live action flicks!
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

JohnRyan

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, would love to see these classics on DVD in Region 2. I know many of them have already been released elsewhere (the scurves!)
Haley Mills Series
Both Apple Dumpling Gangs
Love Bug Series
Journey of Natty Gann would be hella tight!
Snowball Express
Fortunately Newsies is coming out in January.
------------------
"I've got to get me one of them DVD rewinders!"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Cocktail should be burned but Id love to see the Herbie movies and how about a Special Edition of Splash?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I can answer my own question. Since my last post in this thread, I spoke to an Anchor Bay rep about further Disney titles (the missing IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS and JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN, for example) and was told those are no longer on the schedule. My guess is that Disney itself will be producing these in time, and will do as good a job if not better than A.B. simply because its commitment to DVD is ten-fold more powerful than it used to be.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
They could very easily do a Bette box set with such films like:

Down and Out In Beverly Hills

Beaches

Outragious Fortune

Ruthless People (this one is coming...)

Big Business

Stella (though a HUGE non favorite of mine)

I am also waiting for Alive, can't wait to here some of the scenes in 5.1.

Disney is holding back on alot, but at the same time, I am thankful that they are going into the vaults and releasing what got them to where they are today....their animated classics.

Maybe one day, we will even see Song of South....who knows.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm with you on the "Bette Box". She did some of her best acting with Touchstone, IMHO.

Sincerely,

John "Ghandi would've strangled her" Kilduff

Gavin_L

Second Unit
flight of the navigator all the way,disney better get their butt in gear. can't buy me love too

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
With announcements through May already, I have mixed feelings. It's great that Disney is finally starting to release more live-action material, provided that it is all widescreen anamorphic (and I do believe it will be). So in some ways this is a blessing that a lot of the titles I've been waiting for should receive 16 x 9 treatment.
However, there have been few titles catching my attention. Most of the ones I really have been waiting for:
Houseguest
Jungle 2 Jungle
Tom and Huck
The Muppet Christmas Carol
Cheetah
Man of the House
Life with Mikey
Jack
nowhere to be found. :frowning: I do hope at least some of those titles come this year. At least Angels in the Outfield is coming....that's a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks