Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

WTC and Bride Of Frankenstein

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted September 29 2001 - 12:28 PM

...and everything else I've tried to watch recently. Rented Somewhere In Time last week, early in the film there's a skyline shot and I thought I saw a big black WTC tower. I wasn't. It was Chicago and I had spotted the John Hancock Building. Now, that should have ended any unpleasant associations, but it didn't. A few minutes later Christopher Reeve is driving north on Lake Shore Drive and in the backgroud is a city I know and love and have many special memories of. All I could see was a jet melting into the Hancock. A few days later I was watching Superman. You can imagine how badly that went. The man in the tight pants even lectures Lois on how safe flying is. Last night it was 66 year old The Bride Of Frankenstein. There's a windmill burning, that's all it took. I really see no end to this visualization. But I'd like to. Jim
"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted September 29 2001 - 02:46 PM

My wife & I wanted to watch a movie to take our minds off all the evil being directed at our country. We wanted to watch a movie where good wins over evil. So we picked Superman. Unfortunately we were reminded of the evil in the numerous scenes with the World Trade Center in the background. For us this dismal feeling won't go away until the evil perpetrators are exterminated. That won't be for a long time... Jay Taylor
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   bill lopez

bill lopez

Second Unit

• 420 posts

Posted September 30 2001 - 07:56 AM

Stay away from RAMBO 3, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS. They show the Afgahns as heroes.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Zack Scott

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator

• 199 posts

Posted September 30 2001 - 12:01 PM

DO what I do in times of dire need for escapism...Watch the Marx Bors. movies. Actually any type of comedy. The night of the disaster, when I had enough of the news and I needed something to ease my mind before I went to bed, I watched Some like it Hot. These things really help!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter

• 1,292 posts

Posted September 30 2001 - 01:15 PM

[quote]

Actually any type of comedy.

[quote]

Airplane! may not be the best comedy to watch right now. The same goes for The Naked Gun.

Neil - who just watched The Mummy Returns and was entertained for 2 hours

------------------

"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael Dueppen

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted October 01 2001 - 05:53 AM

[quote]

The Naked Gun

[quote]
I can second that. I received that disc yesterday. I hadn't seen that movie in a very long time. I had to turn it off after the first couple of minutes. Just reminded me way too much. I then watched Wonder Boys again. That was a good choice for me.

------------------
- Michael
My DVD collection
- Michael
My DVD collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users