What's new

my IE has me confused. can anyone explain this to me? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it doesnt always happen but sometimes when i open an ei ver. 6 browser it will take forever t load. until i open my aol program then ie browser will pop right on like it is supposed to.

i have cable internet so it shouldnt need aol for anything.

so do i have a setting somewere that is not reading the cable access?

also when i get an error when trying to close a window my windows xp shows a window to send the error to microsoft but when it checks for the connection it just sits there until i cancel sending the error. so it seems that sometimes ie cant find my internet cable.

help.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'd check your proxy settings...maybe it thinks there should be one when there shouldn't be.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well maybe but i'm not savvy in this type of thing so thats why i hope someone can give me a for dummies version of what to check :)

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
Under Tools / Internet Options in IE, click the setup button. A wizard will pop up asking you a bunch of questions. Make sure you say that you are connected to a LAN, and check "Automatic Proxy Detection" when it asks. That should fix your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks