What's new

Need help...a few questions . (1 Viewer)

Kelana

Auditioning
Hi,
1. Can anyone tell me what Dynamic Range Compression is ? What level is the best do I need to setup in my Denon AVR 1602 receiver. Off - Low - Med or High ? Is there any information website about it ?
2. How do I setup my Denon AVR 1602 to a maximum performance and realistic surround sound.I currently using a complete local made (unbranded) 120Watt Front speaker (4-6 Ohm),surround speaker and 8" Active subwoofer.
3. There are a few of my DTS movies are giving me a noisy breaking sound even I do a setup my DVD player and Receiver properly. I use an optical cable. Dolby Digital are perfectly working and some others DTS movie are also perfectly working.Is it my DVD player or something wrong with my system setup ?
Thanks.
PS : Sorry if my english typing doesn't performed well.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
First off welcome to the forum Kelana.
Since I too have this receiver & love to talk about it I will try to help.
For question #1. Look on page 33 of the manual. Since I am a good typer I will save you the time.
Dynamic Range Compression:
Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft & very loud sounds) For listening late at night or whenever the max sound level is lower than usual, the DRC allows you to hear all the sounds in the soundtrack (but with reduced dynamic range)(This only works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital).
Then it goes on to say.... Set too OFF for normal listening.
So basically if you turn it on, it will just reduce the louder effects(explosions,etc). I leave mine on OFF.
Question 2: In the receiver setup. Set all the speakers to small and turn the LFE on. If the sub has a crossover feature, make sure to turn it off so the receiver does the work. Dont worry about the LFE +Main/LFE Norm setting on the receiver. You also didn't mention a SPL meter. Do a search in this forum for that. Also, be sure your speakers are positioned properly & that you set your distance in your receiver.
Question 3: I have no idea. Sounds like the DVD player itself. If dolby digital 5.1 has no problems then its not the cable, and I doubt it is the receiver.
Hope this helps. I was bored anyways :D

Kelana

Auditioning
Thanks Brian, your help is very much appreciated. I'll try it after my working hrs later.Thanks again Brian.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks