Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

How long will the Beauty and the Beast Imax be playing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted March 01 2002 - 11:55 AM

Does anyone know how much longer the Beauty and The Beast Imax edition will remain in Imax theaters?

#2 of 11 MichaelPe

MichaelPe

Screenwriter

• 1,118 posts

Posted March 01 2002 - 12:17 PM

I remember reading somewhere that it would be playing for 4 months.

#3 of 11 Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted March 01 2002 - 04:21 PM

the scene that was inserted is awesome
very funny.

hadn't seen the movie in a while and it was well worth admission. i'd recommend it to anyone. if you have the time get to the nearest imax

#4 of 11 Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G

Second Unit

• 293 posts

Posted March 01 2002 - 08:31 PM

Between April and May. If your local IMAX is playing nothing but Beauty and the Beast for 100% of their showtimes, it's last day will be April 30. If they're sneaking in other movies into the mix as time goes (as mine is) they will be holding it until mid-May.

Call your local IMAX to find out what's going on. A word to the wise: Beauty and the Beast has been doing less business during the week than Fantasia 2000 did since it has a younger audience, and the kids are in school during the week. If you want to avoid any crowds, go on a weekday and you'll have your choice of seats!

#5 of 11 Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra

Producer

• 3,501 posts

Posted March 02 2002 - 01:03 AM

The IMAX I saw it will only carry the film through May.

~Edwin
DVD Unwind: Paradise Now (Coming) • King Kong - - • KeaneThe Squid And The WhaleA History Of ViolenceHarry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe Best Of Youth (Italy) • Good Night And Good LuckHowl's Moving CastleWalk The Line - - • ZathuraNorth Country

#6 of 11 Sam Graves

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted March 02 2002 - 02:50 PM

I called the closest IMAX theater playing Beauty and the Beast , which was Memphis, Tennessee. They told me it would play through May. My girlfriend and I attended a 1:00 Wednesday showing a few weeks ago and were the only ones in the theater.

#7 of 11 David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 1,964 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 03 2002 - 12:45 PM

If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the effort to get there. I went to Atlanta this weekend to see it and was just floored by how good it looked on the IMAX. I saw Fantasia 2 in Baltimore and though it was great, but BATB was far beyond.

The opening scene with the stained glass window and the Ballroom scene were just spectacular. It never looked anywhere near this good on the regular screen. It wasn't widescreen, but I know it wasn't real wide to start with
so the bits I missed were probably negligible.

#8 of 11 Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter

• 1,385 posts

Posted March 03 2002 - 02:20 PM

The theater I work at has the film through May 27th (or thereabouts)

#9 of 11 Kim Donald

Kim Donald

Stunt Coordinator

• 186 posts

Posted March 03 2002 - 11:38 PM

Is it playing in London? Both Imax in Berlin did not run Fantasia but it did come to London and I went over for a weekend and saw it there.
kd

#10 of 11 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted March 04 2002 - 01:13 AM

I wish we had an IMAX theater showing it locally. I had to head up to Virginia to see it - and that theater was a dome ( I much prefer flat IMAX ).

At least next year The Lion King is to come here. I have a feeling I'll be travelling to see Treasure Planet though.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#11 of 11 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted March 04 2002 - 04:47 AM

At our IMAX, B&TB is sold out all night 3 days out of the week, and is usually sold out all weekend. Going strong.