How long will the Beauty and the Beast Imax be playing?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Cameron, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Brett Cameron

Brett Cameron Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know how much longer the Beauty and The Beast Imax edition will remain in Imax theaters?

2. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

I remember reading somewhere that it would be playing for 4 months.

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

the scene that was inserted is awesome

very funny.

hadn't seen the movie in a while and it was well worth admission. i'd recommend it to anyone. if you have the time get to the nearest imax

4. Chauncey_G

Chauncey_G Second Unit

Between April and May. If your local IMAX is playing nothing but Beauty and the Beast for 100% of their showtimes, it's last day will be April 30. If they're sneaking in other movies into the mix as time goes (as mine is) they will be holding it until mid-May.
    Call your local IMAX to find out what's going on. A word to the wise: Beauty and the Beast has been doing less business during the week than Fantasia 2000 did since it has a younger audience, and the kids are in school during the week. If you want to avoid any crowds, go on a weekday and you'll have your choice of seats!

5. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

The IMAX I saw it will only carry the film through May.

~Edwin

6. Sam Graves

Sam Graves Stunt Coordinator

I called the closest IMAX theater playing Beauty and the Beast , which was Memphis, Tennessee. They told me it would play through May. My girlfriend and I attended a 1:00 Wednesday showing a few weeks ago and were the only ones in the theater.

7. David Norman

David Norman Producer
    Supporter

If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the effort to get there. I went to Atlanta this weekend to see it and was just floored by how good it looked on the IMAX. I saw Fantasia 2 in Baltimore and though it was great, but BATB was far beyond.

The opening scene with the stained glass window and the Ballroom scene were just spectacular. It never looked anywhere near this good on the regular screen. It wasn't widescreen, but I know it wasn't real wide to start with

so the bits I missed were probably negligible.

8. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

The theater I work at has the film through May 27th (or thereabouts)

9. Kim Donald

Kim Donald Stunt Coordinator

Kim Donald Houde-Martens
    Is it playing in London? Both Imax in Berlin did not run Fantasia but it did come to London and I went over for a weekend and saw it there.

kd

10. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I wish we had an IMAX theater showing it locally. I had to head up to Virginia to see it - and that theater was a dome ( I much prefer flat IMAX ).

At least next year The Lion King is to come here. I have a feeling I'll be travelling to see Treasure Planet though.

11. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

At our IMAX, B&TB is sold out all night 3 days out of the week, and is usually sold out all weekend. Going strong.