What's new

The best piece of FAN MAIL I ever received (WARNING: Not for the squeamish) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I thought I would share with you a piece of
mail I received the other day. I have removed
the author's name.
quote:
All things aside from the fact you banned me for disagreeing with Obi on his Better Cable's Silver Serpent reviews, which you had the gall to never repost and still hold yourself as some fucking GOD who controls all and practically extorts cash out of the members for a new servers (how many times have I heard "we will never ask for money", your recent act of censorship, bullying, and indications of you as a control freak are even more appalling:
All you attempt to do is control everyone and anyone who holds a differing viewpoint from you. You make me sick, you really do.
Last time I checked America was founded on freedom which includes freedom of speech and as usual you go to no bounds to attempt to take that freedom away. You're a poor site owner, New Jersian, and American. It bothers me to say this, but I only wish that you had been in that building.
[/quote]
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

CRyan

Screenwriter
The things that can be said behind the anonymity of a computer screen. I simply cannot understand nor fathom how anyone could say such things.
First of all, this is a publicly read forum, but privately owned. This forum is not and should not be a democracy. Limits have to be set.
Second of all, you obviously made the correct call regarding the banning of this member. Having not read the thread in question (could not find it), it is easy to see that this person does not belong here. There are hate-group forums that would not allow such atrocity and personal attacks.
It sickens me deeply, that someone could make light of the situation we Americans and possibly the rest of the world have been thrusted into these past few days. And then to wish such senseless acts on someone is utterly disgusting.
A glimpse into the world of an HTF owner/moderator. Ugh, how do you put up with it sometimes. I really wonder.
C. Ryan
------------------
http://www.elitestoragedesigns.com/RyanOAR.bmp

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Anyone who complains that their freedom of speech is being curtailed, while in the same breath hoping for another's horrific death is clearly lacking any humanity, a fool and a poor excuse for a human being. And over a matter as trivial as audio cables.
I'm sure this person would not understand why, but he should feel ashamed.
Adam
[Edited last by Adam Barratt on September 14, 2001 at 07:19 AM]

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Ron:
The rewarding thing about communications like the one you have just shared with us is that they confirm that you were right in your actions in the first place. Persons with this type attitude do not belong on the forum.
Frankly, I think you excersise amazing restraint and patience in dealing with people who can't follow a few simple guidelines.
Deane

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Oh, good grief. I participate in a CRX forum that is very fast and loose. I'd venture to say that eighty percent of the forum members are teenagers. Yet even they, to my amazement, understand that free speech is a right, not an entitlement. I found that very impressive for a bunch of gear heads who often have trouble completing their English homework assignments each night. They have very good hearts.
I know I don't have to do this for any of us, but just in case the letter writer is watching, I'll spell out the difference:
A right is something one enjoys through no obligation of another.
An entitlement is something one cannot enjoy without the obligation of another.
You have a right to eat, but you are not entitled to free food.
You have a right to speak, but you are not entitled to a free platform.
This forum exists to exercise the free speech rights of nobody but its owners, Parker and Ron. This forum is their platform, and nobody else's. For anybody else to dictate what they should or shouldn't allow to be expressed here would be, well, censorship.
Ron, I'm sorry you have to deal with such disturbing nonsense.

Scott_G

Second Unit
Ron,
Don't let this quack bother you for a moment. 99.99999999% of us belive you are giving more than you could ever receive.
Anyone with such insensitivity should be banned from posting anywhere.
Unbelievable.
sg

David Tallen

Stunt Coordinator
Funny, I still don't remember you asking for money. My recollection is that the members asked to give it. Big difference. Don't let the bastards get you down.
------------------

brentl

Senior HTF Member
It's still quite obvious that people do not read the rules when they join here. Then they complain about them afterwards.
It's sad to see you go though more of this crap Ron.
Brent L

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
99.99999999% of us belive you are giving more than you could ever receive.
Absolutely.
Good riddance to that sick bastard.
------------------
ribbon.jpg
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Please try to not let this get you down. It just shows that even in our own backyard, we have our share of sick individuals. By writing this hate mail he only exposes his sickness and makes the Forum members' support of it's owners/administrators even stronger. Thank you for everything you do to make this one of the best communities on the Web. Good riddance to those who would bring it down.
Tom

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
The author states that it bothers him to say his last statement, but he goes ahead with it anyway. Unbelieveable.
You made the right decision, Ron, and you don't need this added stress along with what has already taken place.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It amazes me that anything can really amaze me anymore, but this is amazing. Good call for banning this pathetic loser.
You have the right to ban whatever you wish from being published on your forum. We have the right to not come here if we don't like it.
Since this person can't grasp the idea of what "donation" means, nor bother to research why the system was set up in the first place (at the member's request, and with MUCH resistance on your part), perhaps he/she/it should think about doing something a little more productive with their lives than threatening people he doesn't know.
I hope you have forwarded his IP address to the FBI.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
What a great guy... for me to poop on.
Despite the fact that this guy is obviously a dick, I'm glad he wasn't in the building. I wish nobody was in the building, including my worst enemies.
------------------
Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Ron, all I will say is thank you for removing this indiviudal from this Forum. He or she obviously has no regard for the class act you are and the difficult job you do here. This person also has no idea what a unique community Home Theater Forum is. The person, frankly, has no business being here. More than anything, any person who wishes death on a decent and upstanding human being needs serious help. Don't let it bother you.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many times the guy had to use a dictionary to write that letter. He certainly couldn't have passed high school because he sure as hell didn't know that freedom doesn't extend to your participation in a private club, under whose rules you acknowledged and agreed to. If you can't abide by the posted rules, you are removed.
To dismiss from an office or position.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks