What's new

Trying to use 2 Directv receivers (1 Viewer)

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I have one regular Sony receiver and I just got a Zenith 1080 HD receiver. I installed the oval dish, hooked up 2 seperate cables to the multiswitch. My question is: what kind or type of splitters, di-plexers do I need and how do I configure them? The Sony rec. should get only reg. sat. and the Zenith should get HD and reg. Thanks for any advice.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Your setup should work as-is. I am not sure what your question is. Are you trying to get OTA (over the air) HD signals to your Zenith? Or are you just wanting DirecTV to both receivers?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Diplexors are used to combine and split out OTA signals with the satellite signals on the same coax. Splitters are only used with more advanced installs with multiple multi-switches.

-Robert

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
So with one 4 way multi switch you can run four different Direct TV boxes? Or is there more to it than that?

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I don't receive OTA HD yet. Should start getting HD OTA this May though. On the HD ZEnith stb I'm getting signals for both satellites. Sat B is still kind of weak, (54) still working on it. I noticed on the other sat. rec. when I checked the antenna strength it was ok but it flashes 0 then 80. The picture on the tv is ok, but the strength meter keeps blinking. That's why I thought I had to use a splitter . I haven't run through the channel setup for the Zenith stb either. Don't know if this should affect the other rec. or not.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I noticed on the other sat. rec. when I checked the antenna strength it was ok but it flashes 0 then 80. The picture on the tv is ok
If the picture on the TV is OK, I would trust the Zenith signal strength. Also, is your older receiver a Plus model? If not it won't get any of the 119 SD channels.
-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks