What's new

Ethernet Cable for Sansung UN60J6200 (1 Viewer)

cpack1977

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim Kelsey
I'm hanging my new Samsung TV in the basement and was considering running a ethernet cable from my router in a upstairs office. My current TV uses wireless and sometimes while watching ESPN, it bufferers occasionally. The entire run from the back of the TV to upstairs would probably be about 60 feet. Would there be any benefit to running the cat5 from my wireless router to the TV in the basement?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
The benefit is you're going to have a dead reliable connection with no chance of interference. You also get a network speed that will be superior to any wireless that's readily available at best buy. This shouldn't cost you much to do for materials so for me it comes down to how hard the run will be. If it's easy I would totally put in a network line. I would suggest that you go with cat 6 instead of cat 5 as the cost for one 60' cable shouldn't be much more. Either way you should be in good shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks