What's new

Barnes & Noble British TV 50% Off 12/1 - 12/14 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
50% Off MSRP on all/most BD and DVD for British TV sets for the next 2 weeks.

This should apply to all non-preorder sets in-store and online though there always tends to be some exceptions.

There should also be some extra discounts available during the sale including some weekend coupons which may be 20 or maybe 25% off.
Next week usually has some sort of discount similar to the BF coupon -- the last 2 years it has been 25%, but I haven't seen any hard evidence yet.

The only active discounts I can find for now.
20% Off Online -- this code has been Re-usable and isn't restricted to members
F8X7X8P

15% off Online
C9A8T7X
though might as well opt for the 20% as long as it's working

$10 off $75+ Total Purchase
BNDEC10 December 1, 2015 at 12:01am to December 3, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Starting 12/15 and running through Christmas there should be the annual 40% off All Instore Blurays (some Online items). Last year this included DVDs, but that was the 1st time in a long time that DVDs were included in that sale

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for sharing, David! :thumbsup:

You can probably thank me for this sale, since after years of waiting for a low price, I finally broke down and pulled the trigger on the Doctor Who Complete Specials Blu-Ray set just last week. :laugh:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like your in a nice return window depending on what your price was.

For future reference for those who don't follow B&N closely, B&N usually runs this same sale the 1st week or two of December right after the Criterion sale and then the 40% BD sale for 7-10 before Christmas depending on exactly how the weeks from BF to Christmas fall.

I'll borrow a list from someone I know

Just a few to start with
Blu-ray
Doctor Who Christmas Specials Gift Set $29
Sherlock: Season Three $20 (Series 1 and 2 also)
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series $45
Prime Suspect: Complete Collection $60
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1,2,3,4 & 5 (U.K. Edition) Limited Edition $55
Ripper Street: Season Three $17.50
Orphan Black: Season 3 $17.50 -- once other discounts are added, this comes out well under BF prices of $15 (also S1 and S2 for same price)
Peaky Blinders: Series One $17.50 - let's just call this a classic British TV series that isn't for everyone
House of Cards Trilogy $25
Doctor Who: The Matt Smith Years $74.50
Agatha Christie's Poirot: Complete Cases Coll $200
Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes: Complete Series $115 this BD was mis-classified last year as ??Horror or Mystery and wasn't eligible .
Doctor Who - The Complete Specials $29.99

DVD
Red Dwarf: the Complete Collection $100 (Amazon had this earlier this year at $45)
Absolutely Fabulous: Complete Series (Special Ed) 79.50
Allo Allo: Complete Collection $125
Foyle's War: Complete Saga $100
Upstairs Downstairs Ultimate Collection $100
Are You Being Served?: the Complete Collection $50
Yes Minister: the Complete Collection $30 -- got these 2 series last year and it's really hard to tell you how funny I find them
Yes Prime Miniester: The Complete Collection $25 (and yes B&N Mis-spelled)

Black Adder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition $40
Fawlty Towers Complete Series $25
Miss Marple: The Complete Collection $50
Jeeves & Wooster: The Complete Collection $30
Are You Being Served?: the Complete Collection $50

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For who get B&N Email coupons -- this morning you should have received a 20% off code if you aren't a member or a 25% is you are.

For those who don't get them who would like some - I have plenty of 20% extras so just send me a PM and tell me how many you can use.

Once someone confirms if the 25% codes work re-usable online I will post at least one code so everyone might get a better discount.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Is the British TV sale a semi-annual event like the Crierion sales? I just ordered four, but I'm waiting for Luther 4's release.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I absolutely *hate* the way their better coupon codes only work for a single item in your cart! I've frequently walked away from their sales because of this. BUT - Right now they have a few items priced less than historical lows at Amazon... it's very tempting, even with the idiotic coupon policy.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Common enough complaint esp for International customers, but pretty much all their % off codes have worked that way for years. Even then 10% your cart was about the best offer they did.
The 10off75 and occasional 20/100 work pretty well for basket unless you have a large $$ item that make a % coupon better. I'm hoping to see something on Monday like that, but nothing is showing up yet.

Of course recently these codes seem to be working over and over, you could make lots of smaller orders and use a membership/trial membership to get FS if needed.
In store most clerks will allow you to use one coupon per item though more recently they force you to split up purchases.
Lots of extra 20% store coupons are available each with a unique code so they should be treated as individual coupons.

gruagach said:
Is the British TV sale a semi-annual event like the Crierion sales? I just ordered four, but I'm waiting for Luther 4's release.
As a whole British TV sale it's always been a single annual event the first week or two of December. There are smaller groups that will go onsale randomly during the year at 40-50% off, there
are 2 or 3 repeating 40% off sales (blurays mainly, but sometimes includes DVDs as well).

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
25% Online Codes seem to working for everyone so far (and more than once). Expires end of day 12/6 PT

9P3VXN7PCPY23
USP5QVN6Z9FK4
XZYLT9878WJ24
Z9269EECWK25C

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Posted on DVDTalk by so it goes -- Family Dollar weekly ad lists official B&N GC for 20% off through Monday Dec 7.

It doesn't list a limit on per visit or per day purchases, but most stores have some sort of limit. This isn't a Sav-a-Lot 40% off deal from a couple years ago, but 20% off regular GC with no expiration and no worries over ?? resellers makes this pretty special

Buy them for now, save them for later or use them for British Sales or the 40% off Christmas sale

UPCOMING COUPONS/CODES

Get $10 Off $75 more ONLINE ONLY
BNWINTER10 December 7, 2015 at 12:01am to December 10, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.
BNSNOW10 December 8, 2015 at 12:01am to December 10, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time
BNCABINDEC December 8, 2015 at 12:01am to December 9, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This is an odd overlap of same codes so I don't know if these are preliminary or if they'll all be active at the same time or if some of the date will change late, but these all look pretty finished and not the work in progress BN will sometimes put up

25% Off One Item ONLINE --
25HOLIDAY December 7, 2015 at 12:01am to December 8, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time

25% Off One Item Generic, All Customer In-Store and online FRIENDS AND FAMILY coupon. This should work pretty much like the Black Friday coupon. The same YMMV rules will likely apply in store for multi-use and possibly re-usable online

Store Coupon TBA and Online Coupon 25BNFAMILY Details:
December 10, 2015 at 12:01am to December 14, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 10, 2015 to December 13, 2015 at close of business.

I'll post the printable link next Wednesday after B&N sends their email out in order to prevent people from trying to use it early and running the risk of them cancelling it

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Well, the 25HOLIDAY 25% code is working. The 10/75 code is not -- maybe one of the others will start working tomorrow for a couple of days until

the Friend and Family coupon kicks in

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those looking for the Doctor Who Christmas Gift BD Set, it's back in stock for online order if you'd like the combine that with the 25% off code.

If not there should be another 25% off coupon on Thursday good for instore and online

If you have a Family Dollar store nearby tonight is the last night of their B&N Gift Card deal -- buy a $25 card for $20.

Not all FD have GC's for sale and it's somewhat dependent on if you live in a FD area, but it's pretty nice since these cards

have no expiration and should be identical to those you'd buy in store. No limit on the number you can buy other than

how many the store has on the rack.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Friends and Family online code is now active -- right on time

25% Off One Item Generic, All Customer In-Store and online FRIENDS AND FAMILY coupon. This should work pretty much like the Black Friday coupon. The same YMMV rules will likely apply in store for multi-use and possibly re-usable online though maybe the online glitch has been fixed recently.

Store Coupon N3Y7M9W and Online Coupon 25BNFAMILY
December 10, 2015 at 12:01am to December 14, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 10, 2015 to December 13, 2015 at close of business.

Printable Store Coupon
25% OFF FRIENDS AND FAMILY STORE COUPON -- ACTIVE Thursday 12/10

20% Off Online -- Re-usable seems to be everyone Could someone who has used this already check a test item to see if it;s still working
F8X7X8P expires 1/1/16

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
More upcoming coupons though most of these are online only. I haven't seen a store coupon scheduled for 12/17 yet, but it's still early and I very much expect some sort on instore coupon to be active from 12/17 through 12/24. The last several years it's been 25% coupons for anyone to use with many members getting 30% off codes.

25% Off Single Item Online Only -- I would expect these to be one time use per account since that appears to have returned.
BNGIFT25 December 14, 2015 at 12:01am to December 16, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.
BNGIFT21 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time

$10 off $75 Purchase Online Only
BNGIFT10 December 21, 2015 at 12:01am to December 22, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

The British TV Sale should end after Monday, Upcoming is the usual 40% off MSRP all Blurays in store, but a lot of BD should also be 40% off online.
Unlike last year this appears to be Bluray only and not also DVDs, but may not know for sure until Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks