What's new

International Gaumont disc issues? (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Have two Gaumont(out of 9) that are apparently, for lack of a better term, out of round and vibrate in players. They are flat.

Since obviously imported(one was 7 months ago), re-buy and hope? Or...some Gaumont do this?

The two films are:

Peril en la Demeure
La Boheme

They play fine. They just vibrate like crazy.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
MY first Bluray player was a shocker for disc vibration and noise ( usually only while loading though) and it wasn't specific to any particular label either.

But when I got a new player the problem ended and my current Bluray Recorder doesn't have it either so I would say changing discs might not solve it. They might vibrate but as they do play they're not faulty. Perhaps they are at the fringe of acceptable spec but no problem in some players. I'd just put up with it until you get a new player.

If they make a noise actually during the film- well that's not something I've ever experienced.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
turtledove said:
MY first Bluray player was a shocker for disc vibration and noise ( usually only while loading though) and it wasn't specific to any particular label either.
But when I got a new player the problem ended and my current Bluray Recorder doesn't have it either so I would say changing discs might not solve it. They might vibrate but as they do play they're not faulty. Perhaps they are at the fringe of acceptable spec but no problem in some players. I'd just put up with it until you get a new player.

If they make a noise actually during the film- well that's not something I've ever experienced.
I have 13 BD players.

Those two discs vibrate in every player they've been put it(PelD in 5, La Boheme in 3)

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
That leaves 8 and 10 respectively to try then.

Do they make a noise while the film is running or just during loading?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks