What's new

Can Someone Recommend a Good iOS Music Player (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So here's the deal, I'm pretty meticulous about how I arrange my albums/artists on my iPhone/iPad.

I have a lot of full discographies of bands that I'm into and I had them all sorted to my liking on my iOS devices. Then, iOS 7 comes out and fucks it all up. Now all my albums are listed in reverse chronological order (and I also even label my albums "01, 02, 03" prefaces so I can even have them in order from an alphabetical perspective when it comes to chronology). In Apple's infinite wisdom it seems that there is no way to fix the reverse chronological order issue. The only thing that has worked for me is to assign descending "years" to albums, so for example:

Album Year
Led Zeppelin 2000
Led Zeppelin II 1999
Led Zeppelin III 1998
Led Zeppelin IV 1997
etc.

I've tried other thing such as population the "Disc x of x" in iTunes, but it doesn't make any difference when you sync to your devices. It's fucking retarded, so now obviously I'm looking for a downloadable music playback app that isn't retarded.

I tried Audyssey the other day. It worked mostly good, it seems to replicate the pre-iOS 7 interface,and it does list albums in correct chronological order but it has one fatal problem, it seems that it can't handle gapless playback seamlessly, I've detected slight pauses or "hiccups" when switching gapless tracks.

Anyway, can someone recommend a good app that lists albums in Chronological order, shows album artwork, is organized by artist/album, can handle shuffle play of individual artists and all music on my device?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks