What's new

Subwoofer - for Playing Music (1 Viewer)

mipress

Auditioning
Real Name
micP
Hi,

I'm new to Home Theater.

I purchased 5 qty Polk RT620 for in-ceiling speakers and a Polk PSW110 subwoofer to use with a Denon A2100W receiver. I have a separate speaker RC60i for zone 2 in the kitchen.

I tested it out for the first time last weekend and noticed that DVDs played great with the 5.1 (ie sound out of all speakers) but when I played a CD only the Front Left/Right channels had sound. The Receiver has an "input source" to show that only those speakers were "expected" to have sound.

My question...is there way to have the subwoofer "active" when playing music (2.1?) Those speakers are great for the higher sounds but need the subwoofer for the lower ones. And, trying not to be "greedy"...is there a way to have all speakers have sound?

thank you.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Your source(CD) is in a stereo sound mode as it's the default for the music catagory. Press the music button on the remote to change the sound mode to Multi Ch Stereo. You should now get a 2.0 source coming out through all the speakers. You could also try the other options under the music catagory like DD music or neo 6 music and see what you like best. I personally like Multi Ch Stereo but YMMV.

If you're using a DVD/BRP don't forget to switch it back to a movie mode. It's not super important if you don't because if it's a DD source it should auto switch. My Roku was good for that until I changed the settings to allow DD.

mipress

Auditioning
Real Name
micP
Thank you. I found the Multi Channel Stereo option and now have the sound from all Zone 1 speakers. 5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks