What's new

Blindspot Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I thought the pilot was very good and the actress excellent, but once the premise has been played (and it's been promoted all summer), this looks like it could turn into to another predictable procedural police show. The minute the FBI guy at the end said... and THIS is only the beginning - meaning each tattoo leads to another case, it became just a gimmick to lead into standard prime time broadcast faire.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hollywoodaholic said:
I thought the pilot was very good and the actress excellent, but once the premise has been played (and it's been promoted all summer), this looks like it could turn into to another predictable episodic police show. The minute the FBI guy at the end said... and THIS is only the beginning - meaning each tattoo leads to another case, it became just a gimmick to lead into standard prime time broadcast faire.
Each tattoo leads to another case, but what is the connection? Who is behind it and why?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the premiere episode. It isn't anything revolutionary in terms of concepts or execution, but it has a pretty solid cast and was well shot and edited. Sticking around for now. (I enjoyed it more than Minority Report, BTW.)

- Walter.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Robert Crawford said:
Each tattoo leads to another case, but what is the connection? Who is behind it and why?

That's the angle that tries to bring a 'serial' cable series feel to a prime time procedural show, but it's basically a single twist reveal they can hold until the end of the series, which will probably be able to play in random order once syndicated.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've see Jaimie Alexander in other things and not cared for her performance, but she's really good here. I'm tentatively along for the ride.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I just find it kind of funny that both leads of Cinemax's Strike Back have new series on NBC this year; and that both have to act with an American accent. (Sullivan, I found out a little while ago, is Australian) :)

I agree that it can quickly fall into a 'one tatoo/procedural' a week type of show. But I have hope that I'll continue to find the characters interesting and compelling. One thing that I hope goes away quickly is Jane looking at Kurt with weepy eyes, 'Please! You gotta take me with you! I can help!'

I also hope that Kurt and Jane either develop the same kind of comaradere that Sullivan (Damien Scott) and Phillip Winchester (Michael Stonebridge) had in Strike Back, or they tell some backstory that shows that Jane did some really evil things that she never wanted to remember and that compels Kurt to keep Jane at arm's length.

I'm going to keep watching this online (Castle gets the nod live) and see where it goes.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I just find it kind of funny that both leads of Cinemax's Strike Back have new series on NBC this year; and that both have to act with an American accent. (Sullivan, I found out a little while ago, is Australian)

Same here. Folks had noted that Scott and Stonebridge were going to be on separate NBC series this year (with Phillip Winchester starring in The Player).

I suspect based on the flashback at the end of the first episode that the series is going to be exploring one of the main themes of Paul Verhoeven's Total Recall with Jaime Alexander's character - namely a person's actions and the choices they make defines their character, not their memories.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
KevinGress said:
I just find it kind of funny that both leads of Cinemax's Strike Back have new series on NBC this year; and that both have to act with an American accent. (Sullivan, I found out a little while ago, is Australian) :)

I agree that it can quickly fall into a 'one tatoo/procedural' a week type of show. But I have hope that I'll continue to find the characters interesting and compelling. One thing that I hope goes away quickly is Jane looking at Kurt with weepy eyes, 'Please! You gotta take me with you! I can help!'

I also hope that Kurt and Jane either develop the same kind of comaradere that Sullivan (Damien Scott) and Phillip Winchester (Michael Stonebridge) had in Strike Back, or they tell some backstory that shows that Jane did some really evil things that she never wanted to remember and that compels Kurt to keep Jane at arm's length.

I'm going to keep watching this online (Castle gets the nod live) and see where it goes.
Just remember that Winchester is a Yank even though he played a Brit in Strike Back while Sullivan played a American in the same series even though he's an Aussie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I did watch the premiere and enjoyed it. Let's hope it avoids the trap of making the mythology murkier and murkier, and instead solve some things while raising new questions. Alexander is terrific.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
A nice touch would be if they removed the tattoo of each case as they solve it.

Is she wearing some sort of body suit or are the tattoos CGI?

Do you guys recommend STRIKE BACK?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Clearly, Alexander isn't shy about showing off her body. I hope they get her to wear this dress during the show.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Do you guys recommend STRIKE BACK?

It is sort of like watching an '80s action film as a weekly series. The bad guys mostly miss when they are aiming at our heroes and they can put multiple bullet holes into a vehicle without the protagonists sustaining anything more than minor injuries, so if realism is your thing you may be disappointed.

On the other hand, it does tend to hop the globe and each season is set in a different region / continent. It tends to feature nice cinematography that captures the locales. Season 1 with Richard Armitage has a completely different tone (much straighter and serious) vs. later seasons with Sullivan Stapleton and Phillip Winchester where the action film mentality sets in. Since the series after season one was a Cinemax co-production there is a fair amount of sexual content in the series, usually involving Damian Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) and a variety of very lovely woman.

Having said all that, I have enjoyed it quite a bit for the chemistry between Scott and Stonebridge, the exotic locales, and the well paced action set pieces. The show's final season is currently airing and is about to wrap up.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks