What's new

International Altman (2014) - Documentary with extras on Bluray (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I haven't seen a thread about this, so in case anyone is interested:

Altman: a film by Ron Mann

DVD & BLURAY COMBO / 95 MINUTES / COLOUR, BLACK & WHITE / 1080P HD / 5.1 SURROUND SOUND / IN ENGLISH

From award-winning director Ron Mann, Altman is an in-depth look at the life and times of filmmaker Robert Altman (M*A*S*H, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Nashville, The Player, Gosford Park and many more). While refusing to bow down to Hollywood’s conventions, or its executives, Altman’s unique style of filmmaking won him friends and enemies, earned him worldwide praise, and occasionally scathing criticism, and proved that it is possible to make truly independent films.

GUEST APPEARANCES BY

Michael Murphy, Sally Kellerman, James Caan, Elliott Gould, Keith Carradine, Lily Tomlin, Robin Williams, Philip Baker Hall, Bruce Willis, Julianne Moore, Lyle Lovett, and Paul Thomas Anderson.

INCLUDES A COLLECTION OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SHORT FILMS BY ROBERT ALTMAN

The Kathryn Reed Story • The Party • Pot Au Feu
http://www.filmswelike.com/store-items/altman

My attention to this was drawn, since it contains an extremely rare short film, the Kathryn Reed Story, scored by the great John Williams (Jaws, Star Wars, Superman, E.T. etc.) who I'm currently studying.

Though the score itself is improvisatory-like for a small group of instruments with many musical references to known melodies..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks