What's new

Emperor of the North blu-ray problem (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Was wondering if anybody else had ordered Emperor of the North from Twilight Time. Settled in to watch this and my disc is defective. Freezes up about 8 minutes in at the close up of Lee Marvin against the pines just after the director credit for Robert Aldrich appears on the screen. So, disappointed was really looking forward to watching this. I'm guessing Twilight will exchange it for me but I was curious if anybody else had an issue.

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I watched my copy over the weekend and it played fine. What a beautiful transfer too.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, it started out looking great but sadly all I can play is the first 8 minutes. I exchanged an email with someone from Twilight Time and he said his personal copy played fine as well so I guess I just was unlucky with this one. I have contacted Screen Archives for an exchange because I bought the disc through them. Hopefully, my next copy solves the problem.

I watched Fat City instead which was also great and that played just fine!

I'm a big fan of Emperor of the North so I look forward to seeing this all the way through!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Mine played fine too. Was a blind buy and did not disappoint. Hopefully they will get a replacement to you soon so you can enjoy the other 150ish minutes!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, I'm the odd man out it seems. Funny, the person from Twilight Time said he put his personal copy in to spot check it and got sucked into the film and ended up watching an hour of it before he knew it. It really is a great film with great perfomances all around. Borgnine's Shack is brutal in the film...even in the first 8 minutes!

I hope I can get a replacement quickly but I have to travel tomorrow and won't be around to watch it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks