What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What Is the Status Of Cowboy In Africa? (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
With all the westerns released over the past 10 years, It's amazing to me how little this series is discussed on here. Granted, I guess it's not a true western in the strictest sense (and maybe it wasn't very good), but it is western themed to a degree. I'm not a big western fan myself, but I am a Conners fan and I'd love to see this show released.

Honestly, I can't even figure out who owns the rights to it. I do know prints of the show were always rare on the collectors market. When I was heavy into tape trading in the early 90's, I know there was only one of the 26 filmed episodes circulating and the quality was terrible very similar to what was available on Baileys Of Balboa and other short lived mid 60's shows.

I always thought this would have been a great show for Timeless as it seemed right in their wheelhouse. I wonder if they looked into it and there were rights problems or they couldn't find usable prints.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
There is are a number of Ziv/Ivan Tors Series I'd like to see released on DVD. This show is one of them. I'd like to see Harbormaster Men of Annapolis, Miami Undercover, The Aquanauts/Malibu Run @ The Troubleshooters among others. We've been pretty lucky these last few years, seeing ZIV Shows such as Bat Masterson, Sea Hunt, Ripcord, Highway Patrol, Harbor Command, West Point and Science Fiction Theatre being released. My suggestion is to hang in there. You never know what the next little gem of a series will be released next.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The show has fallen through the cracks and doesn't even have a distributor or owner listed. I doubt that a set of good prints could be found even if someone wanted. Terrible show, by the way, like a poor man's Daktari (which isn't very good to begin with).

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Oh Neil I disagree. Daktari is one of my all time favourite shows. And I would also like to see Cowboy in Africa released on DVD. I was screened over here in Britain but I never got a chance to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks