What's new

Using TV's built in tuner with stereo receiver (using HDMI control and ARC?) (1 Viewer)

rkelley1408

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
So this is my first time posting here, and I was hoping someone could answer a question I have about setting up my home theater.

I have recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V377 receiver with HDMI. I wanted to use this to switch inputs to my TV so I wouldn't have to switch inputs on the TV as well. However, for reasons I won't go into, I do not have the option of having a cable box which means I need to use the TV's built in tuner.

My question is, is there a way I can use HDMI control and/or audio return channel so that when I set my stereo to TV, the TV will also switch to the TV input and the stereo will receive the audio from the TV? Then ideally when I switch to any other input on the stereo, it will switch the TV to th HDMI input so it will receive the HDMI pass through from my stereo receiver.

I have never used HDMI control before, so I'm not sure if this is possible.

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That is what ARC/CEC is for.

Your Yamaha has a list of compatible TV brands in the manual.

And...

Your TV also has to have ARC/CEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks