What's new

No s'more MISTER PEEPERS? (1 Viewer)

upperco

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jackson Upperco
I assume that the sales for both collections of MISTER PEEPERS released by S'more Entertainment in conjunction with UCLA were not of a standard that encouraged finishing the series. Is this correct, or should I retain hope? Anyone here with additional information?

I understand RetroTV is now airing the series as well. Has anybody been watching? What is the extent of this deal -- who licensed it and will the unreleased episodes be included?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The standard had nothing to do with it. Sales were the problem and Smore isn't really in business any more. None of the episodes that weren't in the 2 DVD collections have been transferred from kinescope so, no, they won't be airing on RTV or any place else any time soon.

upperco

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jackson Upperco
Thanks for the response, Neil! I think you read my first post too hastily, as the standard to which I was referring was not of quality, but of the sales themselves. But thanks; my assumption was correct.

As for Retro, have you seen any of the PEEPERS broadcasts? I have heard that the picture quality is on par with the DVDs, making it seem that they are indeed the S'more prints. But do you know exactly from whom Retro has licensed the show?

A

applidjff

Neil Brock said:
The standard had nothing to do with it. Sales were the problem and Smore isn't really in business any more. None of the episodes that weren't in the 2 DVD collections have been transferred from kinescope so, no, they won't be airing on RTV or any place else any time soon.
O yea ? just like MPI out of business too huh ?

I have a retail copy of this upcoming release The Great American Dream Machine (I am doing my own QC on it after I emailed and asked to do it / they are still doing their own QC but I said why not let someone in forums do it and then post early review, so they agreed)

Seriously Neal before you accuse companies being of of business, learn to do research

NOBODY should take ANYTHING you say seriously

A

applidjff

Mike Frezon said:
Let's refrain from personal attacks on other members, please.

Also, please add a Real Name to your profile immediately.

Both of those requirements are in the HTF Rules.
Stop making willfully false accusations, It was not a personal attack ... IT was an obersvation based on him repeating statements that were proven to be lies

A

applidjff

Mike Frezon said:
It WAS a personal attack.

And you are now breaking a third rule by publicly questioning a moderator.

The rules are there for a reason. Familiarize yourself with them.
wrong its a PUBLIC FORUM and hence 1st amendment prevails and since we are a government of the people, hence you cant censor me

ALSO placing that arrogant rule, cant question mods inpublics, that makes you like opressive dictators who crush people who dare question their illegal ways

and no it was not a personal attck, LEARN TO COMPREHEND

I was saying nobody should take him seriously especially after he is telling whoppers and spreading false info on 2 companies, meaning he has no credibilty

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Goodbye.

Just a few corrections. This is NOT a public forum. 1st amendment does not apply here.

Oppressive dictator? Not the worst thing I've been called on this job.

And, yes, it still is a personal attack. And, no, you never added a "real name."

As I noted above, it's our house, we make the rules--and post them clearly for all to see. So let this be a lesson to anyone who wants to "play" here: learn the rules.

EDIT: And I think I'll add that most people seem to like their experience here... :biggrin:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Mike Frezon said:
Goodbye.

Just a few corrections. This is NOT a public forum. 1st amendment does not apply here.

Oppressive dictator? Not the worst thing I've been called on this job.

And, yes, it still is a personal attack. And, no, you never added a "real name."

As I noted above, it's our house, we make the rules--and post them clearly for all to see. So let this be a lesson to anyone who wants to "play" here: learn the rules.

EDIT: And I think I'll add that most people seem to like their experience here... :biggrin:
Mike, I have to wonder if this is the same guy who told us point blank that Universal had all of their material uploaded in 4K to hard drives including B.J. and the Bear?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ron1973 said:
Mike, I have to wonder if this is the same guy who told us point blank that Universal had all of their material uploaded in 4K to hard drives including B.J. and the Bear?
And the same guy who gave us the most ludicrous rumor of all.... the one that Fox actually had a MOD program and was interested in releasing their vintage stuff. LOL.

jimmo

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
upperco said:
I assume that the sales for both collections of MISTER PEEPERS released by S'more Entertainment in conjunction with UCLA were not of a standard that encouraged finishing the series. Is this correct, or should I retain hope? Anyone here with additional information?

I understand RetroTV is now airing the series as well. Has anybody been watching? What is the extent of this deal -- who licensed it and will the unreleased episodes be included?

:) I have rarely posted on this forum, but there are a few vintage television series' I care enough about to make an extra effort. I, too, would like to know if RTV is airing episodes of "Mister Peepers" not available on the two DVD sets released several years ago by S'More Entertainment. If so, I might consider getting in touch with someone who obtains RTV through cable/satellite and/or over-the-air, to request he/she record the episodes on my behalf (for which I would provide the necessary blank discs, as well some compensation for labor to that end or a trade from my collection).

And perhaps someone of authority on HomeTheaterForum.com would be kind enough to contact a person of authority at UCLA Film & TV Archives to see if there is any chance of another media production company obtaining the rights to release the remaining episodes of "Mister Peepers" on home video, or even digitally through a streaming service such as Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, etc.

I don't know if HTF.com has an established relationship with someone at UCLA F&TVA. But, if not, it would be a good idea to do so, given that entity's incredible cultural importance (similar to The Paley Centers). I also wonder if any staff of UCLA F&TVA are already members and/or readers of HTF.com?

By the way, ditto all the aforementioned for The Paley Centers. If contacts are not already established, it would be productive to explain to these entities it would behoove them to keep a line open to at least one staff person at HTF.com to correct misinformation about titles, as well perhaps provide constructive suggestions members could use either to lobby for a title's release or, for those with the ambition and/or finances, how to obtain sanction to release a title on DVD, etc.

Perhaps if some HTF members knew the proper channels and finances required, a person or group could even begin Kickstarter campaigns to fund release of a desired film or TV title.

I realize this may be a little off-topic here, but still relates to the fact the complete seasons of "Mister Peepers" are not available on DVD, especially disappointing to the many who purchased the two S'More DVD sets and were led to believe the entire series would see a full release.

And it would also be constructive not just for the "Peepers" episodes, but all unreleased film and TV titles in demand, if HTF.com had a communicative rapport with UCLA F&TVA and The Paley Centers. And I think HTF.com has been proven to be as significant to devotees of classic film and TV as is the site TVShowsOnDVD.com which links to HTF.com.

By the way, just to clear up a little disagreement that developed in this thread, would a moderator or other HTF.com staffer also be willing to find out if S'More Entertainment and MPI are really out of business, or if these posts have no basis in reality? It is really unproductive to get into a heated argument between ourselves over something that would seem to be easily solved by dialogue with an appropriate party. And a webmaster or other delegated staffer would seem to be the one to clear up such misinformation for all interested members here.

Thank you.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, just to be on the safe side I placed my order for the two sets of Mr Peepers. Didn't even know these had come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.