What's new

THE BEST OF EVERYTHING (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
We watched Twilight Time's stunning Blu-Ray release of THE BEST OF EVERYTHING last night, and were pretty much blown away by it. However, it did get me wondering. I know that Joan Crawford had a show-stopping drunk scene which was cut, although a bit of it is still to be seen in the film's Preview. Does anyone know whether this still exists? Was it ever shown to an audience ... i.e. at a pre-release preview? It would have been wonderful to have this as an extra.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
PODER said:
We watched Twilight Time's stunning Blu-Ray release of THE BEST OF EVERYTHING last night, and were pretty much blown away by it. However, it did get me wondering. I know that Joan Crawford had a show-stopping drunk scene which was cut, although a bit of it is still to be seen in the film's Preview. Does anyone know whether this still exists? Was it ever shown to an audience ... i.e. at a pre-release preview? It would have been wonderful to have this as an extra.
They talk about that scene in the audio commentary.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Thank you, Robert. I probably should have listened to that before posting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
PODER said:
Thank you, Robert. I probably should have listened to that before posting.
I just started listening to it myself and they mentioned it with a promise to go into more details about that scene later in the commentary.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
PODER said:
A beautiful transfer of a wonderful potboiler - someone ought to bring this kind of film back.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
haineshisway said:
A beautiful transfer of a wonderful potboiler - someone ought to bring this kind of film back.

Unfortunately, that kind of material has been hijacked and "dumbed-down" by television. All those soaps . . . . but yes, I've always enjoyed good melodramas and I still do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks