What's new

Guess I get to say hello! (1 Viewer)

Jason Holton

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
New to the forum, definitely not new to Home Theater. Got sent here via a thread on the [H]ard|OCP forum!

I'm a redneck on a tight budget so my 'home theater' probably pales in comparison to most everyone else's:

Vizio D650i-B2 (Walmart Holiday special, not great but at least it's big!)

Onkyo TX-NR515 that's getting a bit tempermental lately

Samsung Blu-Ray player that's new enough to have Netflix but not new enough to have built-in Wifi

Dish Network Hopper DVR

Nintendo Wii (Hey, Tetris Party night is still a weekly event at our house, as are Rock Band parties!)

Aaaaaand a rapidly aging 'Home Theater PC' consisting of an old Core 2 Duo E5300 (or similar), a Nvidia GTX 560, and a couple of multi-gigabyte drives for movie storage. Eventually I've got plans to put a bunch of classic console emulators on it with HyperSpin as a front end.... but that's going to take a ton of time. :P

Oh yes, and we do have a projector! It's a little LG PA70G we've had for a couple of years now... it's an awesome little LED powered DLP that's actually not too bad for movie watching! We don't use it very often though...

Have my own Youtube channel where I do product reviews, gaming, blogging, etc, I won't leak it here but if you search for 'The Geek Redneck' you might just stumble on it.... ;)

Let's see.... that's probably about it (or at least all you might care to hear... teehee)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks